1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double lives...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Radioactive Bi, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you feel that being LGBTQA has ever caused you to lead a somewhat double life? Did that change when you came out? Do you still lead a double life.

How would you describe your double life? For example, do you act straight in public, but live a double life online? Or is more elaborate like you are not out to anyone, who assume you are straight, but when they don't realise, you sneak off to gay bars etc.

I'd love to hear your stories and experiences....

Happy days :slight_smile:

2. Yosia

Im very double life~ i do not hide that i like boys anymore but having two genders which one you are forced to live in which you dont like is very annoying~ online i am a girl, my two best online friends call me a girl and i try to identify as a girl on most websites and games~ i also act very feminine around my cousins (i think they will be first to know) and sort of with my living family (mum, stepdad-to-be-if-they-get-married, and brother) although they dont seem to notice anymore (good or bad??) but everyone else im a boy >.<

3. Daniel003

In school an in public i act straight, talk about boys with my friends etc.
    When im in private with someone who knows, online or txting i become myself and just talk about what i want or who i like and other issues that wouldnt come up with people who think im straight

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah... Basically, this was my life for over a year. Actually got to the point where I was male online, at school, and for the most part in public but I'd have to be female at home.

As of right now, I've been full time as a guy for about a week. *knocks on wood* It's been slow going. Still not 100% out of the closet and as far as my mother knows, I'm just a stone butch at school. But I now bind, wear guy clothes around the clock. Basically, the only thing that's not happening is no one at home uses my preferred name/pronouns (in all fairness, not out to little sisters yet, so still navigating how to come out to them... They're already seeing me look more and more like a boy. So obviously, that time's gonna come soon, hopefully well before I go on hormones and I'm potentially confusing them with a deeper voice and stubble)

My sexuality's no secret but my mother can't wrap her head around the idea that anyone can be bisexual. No, gotta be one or the other. :dry: Before coming out as trans, I was out publicly as a lesbian (which I find funny because now I'm a bisexual guy who usually prefers men). So, it makes a handy excuse for extended family wondering why I'm wearing the clothes I do and keep my hair cropped.

#4 drwinchester, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
  5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is so me right now...

6. Hexagon

Not really, to be honest. I'm stealth, but I don't feel I really hide much from people, and I don't behave differently around different people or in private.

7. laurenc

laurenc Guest

I live two very different lives . the 1 I have to live for the time being certainly does hide the person I really am . when I am online I am both myself and the person most people see me as and it makes me sad .

8. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I do feel like I lead a double life but not cause of my sexuality. Used to be whenever I would go online I'd become an entirely different person who was like an idealized version of myself without any of my flaws or insecurities and pretty much just everything I wanted to be at the time. Then I'd have to go to school and be silent and boring and repressed. Online shiro and IRL shiro became like 2 different people. Lately they became a little more combined tho

9. Jethro702

I would say I have 2 lives. :frowning2:

Online, I am who I am and quite enjoying being free to be that way.

In real life, I don't act how I do online. Though who and what I like doesn't come up much. If it does I'm not ever ready to give a answer... and my hesitation probably gets some people wondering.

10. Weekender

I don't feel like I'm living a double life. I act the same in real life as I do online, barring the fact that I can openly talk about my sexuality behind a computer screen.
    I don't usually feel like I'm hiding anything, until the topic of gayness is brought up. I usually just keep quiet then, which is really disappointing.

11. Jethro702

Kinda the same way.... I can't bring myself to talk about it.... :frowning2: and Hi fellow Georgian!

12. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was just thinking about this. I find myself in an odd position of having already been doing it without really being aware.

For example, the MMO I play, my character has always been a dude. This is my tenth year playing. My clannies assume I'm a guy because of my character and I've never bothered to tell them otherwise. I've been in the clan for about two years now. It's never been an issue until late last year when everyone started talking about using TeamSpeak. My voice is deep - for a chick. I'm not confident, even talking with people who've seen me as male for two years, that it wouldn't give me away. I could fake it, but that feels deceitful. I don't know. I cringe every time I see another TeamSpeak thread in our clan forum :/

It's the same on the forum I frequent most. Only other artists who've I've exchanged address' with (and hence have seen my name) know I'm a chick. Everyone else assumes I'm male and that's just fine. I can't count the number of times someone has referred to me as "she" in threads and a someone else says "I thought you were a guy!" so...

I always ticked the 'female' box out of habit, I guess, when I'd sign up for websites and such. If I was given the option to leave it blank or they had an 'other', I would choose that instead. deviantArt has an 'other' box. I've recently changed it to 'male'. I've been trying to go through my accounts all over and fix that.

My friend, who is the only person who knows besides everyone here, just asked me today if I was going to create another Facebook account to be myself with. I'm considering it.

13. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yea...

Except switch genders and that's me...

14. biggayguy

Yes, I did the double life thing for many years. I was straight guy in public and gay guy in private; hoping the two worlds never collided. It was like keeping matter and anti-matter from touching. I just knew something catastrophic would happen. It was a bit anticlimactic when I did come out. My parents still loved me and no one disowned me.

15. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I sort of used to. Before I came out to my parents, I came out at school, and at least half the students in my grade, most of my teachers, and the school counselor knew. I talked about girls with friends and felt free to express my sexuality. But at home, without my parents aware of my gayness (lol, weird word) I couldn't be open at all.

16. Rand0mCh33se

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I lead a double life of sorts

with my small group of friends and online I act the way I am, offline at home I act almost nothing like I do online. At school I don't let people know about my sexuality but I can express the parts of me that aren't related to orientation...

I guess that would be called a triple life :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

Yeah, all the time, mate. That's how I got all of my fabulous acting skills :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You can read about it all in my new biography coming out next month.

18. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Mmm Hm... I'm sick of telling my "Preferences", and lying on why on single..

19. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not out on Facebook or to my employer, only because I've been told I'll be fired if I say or do anything that doesn't conform to traditional Christian values. (and no, I don't work for a church) In the state I live in it is currently legal for an employer to do this. It's also why I don't post my picture on here, for example.

20. BlueAndWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, yes. I feel most people lead a double life. I know that I have my life at home and at church, as well as my second life at school, sports and in public. At home and church I am my real self; quiet, well-read, a nerd, and just someone who wants to cuddle. At school, I act all tough and self-confident, but sometimes the real me will slipt through the gaps.