1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbians: do you prefer girls who are aggressive or no? How much is too much?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IsThisAName, Apr 22, 2014.

1. IsThisAName

So, all my life I'm used to pursuing boys because I thought I was straight. With guys it seems so easy because they're so simple. They don't seem to analyze things the way us girls do. But now that I'm starting to talk to girls with the possibility of dating them, I'm wondering if there is anything that is different and feel a bit lost on what to do. I guess I'm not used to pursuing girls, and even though it would seem it should be easy because I'm a girl myself and know how they think, it feels harder because girls are so complex.

Right now I just started talking to this girl who goes to my school. When we text, she talks a lot, so she at least likes me. And she's also gay, and knows I'm gay. I guess I'm wondering what the heck to do with getting to know girls with the possibility of dating them, cause I feel like a socially awkward middle schooler all over again! :eusa_doh: When you're getting to know a girl, what impresses you? And also, the title question: obviously, I'm not gonna be creepy, lol. But do you like it when a girl seems to go out of her way to show she's interested in you, and how much is too much?

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I think It's different with every girl. I don't like people who are too aggressive, but would rather take the time to know me on a platonic level first so I can feel comfortable around them.

But I'm sure some girls like aggression ;P

3. Katbot

I'd be okay with a fair amount of "aggression", so long as I was into that girl too! I mean, friendliness is obviously where you have to start, and then you can get more forward. My main concern would be too much too fast! :lol: Be friendly first!

4. Santana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess, I'd like a girl who is aggressive in bed xD

5. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I just like when girls seem genuine: When a girl wants to be with you for the sake of your company, then she might be someone to pursue as a girlfriend.

---------- Post added 27th Apr 2014 at 04:51 PM ----------

And by the way, I don't like aggression, but assertiveness is good.

6. LisaDawn

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Idk. It depends I guess. I want my girl to take the lead but I still want her to be gentle with me. I'm not the aggressive type and don't date guys because they can be too dominant.
    The pro is that your girl will understand you better than a guy. You know you can talk and be understood. I enjoy the sympathy and understanding that is usually lost with a guy. A guy usually cannot relate. I'm not bashing all guys. There are some great guys out there but I only run into the wrong ones. I have rarely run into a wrong girl. The complexities that come with a girl are not as bad a deal as being misunderstood. Just sayin.
    This is my opinion. You will have to meet and talk to several to see if you feel the same. I am not attracted to guys as I am to girls. Asking advice on this subject shows that you have complex thoughts as all girls. You shouldn't worry about that. I'm attracted to complex girls. I guess I like the intricacy in my relationships. It depends on what you like in a relationship. :slight_smile:

7. Foster

I don't personally like aggressiveness. I love when a girl is sweet to me, but I don't want her to seem overly interested-I like the chase personally. Plus you don't want to seem easy. Flirt, but do so playfully.

8. TurnerDogg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, yeah. The more aggressive the better. Extrovertive, aggressive, strong-willed, etc. Those are girls I favour.

But she has to have enough sweet to go along with the bitter.

Well, my last girlfriend's personality really impressed me. And so did, like, everything she did because she's so uniqiue and special.

But I suppose,
    -Intelligence
    -The things they come up with/say
    -Comittment level
    -The way she handles herself
    -Individuality

9. volvo6x

aggressive feminine girls are quite attractive. too much is when she wouldn't care about my feeling. overall, I do like aggressive girl, but calming girls are nice too.

10. thekillingmoon

Girls are unpredictable, yeah. I've been more confused trying out to figure out women than guys.

I do like when someone shows interest in me because I'm shy. Talking, flirting, possibly asking me out. Not aggressively, what exactly is aggressive anyway. I'm usually impressed by intelligence and conversation skills and obviously physical features like eyes, smile, etc.

11. Beetle

Aggressive, no. Assertive and confident, yes. I like that in anybody.

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I like the confident girl who flirts that's oh so sexy

13. juliegt6

Assertive and confident, yes. I really suck at being the one to ask someone out. The girl I'm seeing now was extremely forward and direct and I really liked that.

14. fortheloveoflez

I'd prefer a more reserved girl. But....that doesn't mean I would want her to be the types who never makes decisions on her own and forces me to always make the first move.

So I'd say in the middle some where but more on the non-aggressive side of the spectrum

---------- Post added 25th May 2014 at 09:22 PM ----------

Also, yes, I can't read minds so it would be nice at least in the beginning stages that she shows interest a bit more openly!

15. QueerQueen

I like aggressiveness though not in the way you put it. I find it a turn off if someone is too forward in pursuing me, that doesn't mean I don't like people who are open about their feelings though. As far as what impresses me, I think someone who carries themselves well, can hold a decent conversation, makes me laugh and someone who is intelligent are things I would notice and things that would probably get me interested.