1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think lucid dreaming is overrated

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChromeNerd, Apr 23, 2014.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I used to naturally get lucid dreams. They were fun, but they could sometimes get very creepy.

Since I'm OCDish I often obsess about bad stuff that could happen. In real life my obsessions don't cause anything bad to happen, but it doesn't really work like that when you're lucid dreaming.

For example I might see a cute kitten, but my OCD will make me imagine that the kitten mutates or hurts me. Or I might be eating some food and it would end up tasting bad.

I also got annoyed at the lack of detail in my dreams. Sometimes I would end up in a cartoon world and get freaked out by that.

When I'm not lucid dreaming I can enjoy my kittens and food without my OCD interfering.

2. porygon

Out Status:
    All but family
    My lucid dreams go like this as well, but if I go to sleep meditating; I can control them with ease. My OCD and severe anxiety really fuck up my dream patterns as well. >_>

3. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm glad to hear someone else has the same problems.

4. Nikky DoUrden

Isn't the idea of lucid dreaming that u know you're dreaming and can manipulate the world as u see fit ?
    I had it once and was so happy I started flying but it didn't last long because I awoke :frowning2:

5. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, but that means my OCD can control my dream as well. And that tends to mess it up. I can still sometimes fly during non-lucid dreams. I just enjoy the dream more because I don't feel trapped or threatened by my OCD.

6. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've only done it once. I was sitting in a chair when I realized I was dreaming and I tried standing up and I couldn't. I just tried lifting my finger, and then realized I was waking myself up because I was actually raising my finger in real life.

7. lmwilliams

Lucid dreaming is one of my many dreams, but I may understand why OCD might frustrate people. I'd be really pissed if everything wasn't perfect in my dream. Lack of details has me :bang: