1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graduates, or those near too.....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Radioactive Bi, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I see a lot of graduates or people near the end of their degrees. I am just curious what you wrote your dissertations or thesis on?

For me:

Physics - Quantum teleportation (based on applied physics of quantum entanglement)

Diagnostic Radiography - patient expectations and anxieties with MRI

How about you? I'd be fascinated to discover the topics you've all covered. I may even read up on them....

Happy days :slight_smile:

2. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not yet a graduate, still on the 1st year of my Law degree and I'm honestly clueless about the dissertation D:

3. AlamoCity

I didn't have a thesis or dissertation for my bachelor's degree, but I did write two papers. One was for my honors program (to graduate with university honors, separate from the Latin honors) and the other for an economics class that was a prerequisite for graduation.

The honors paper was on jurisprudence and interracial marriage laws vis-à-vis same-sex marriage laws.

The economics paper was on the factors that affect the supply and demand of gold ore.

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not close yet, but my masters thesis will probably have something to do with young same-sex-attracted and/or gender diverse people and their access to sexual health information and services.

5. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm due to finish my degree next month (absolutely terrified), but yeah. We don't get a dissertation on our course, we get our thesis, if we were to go on and do our masters. I study architecture and I've managed to come up with a project that would also make a decent thesis project as well, looking as the recession and potentially bringing the workhouse back. As dark and oppressive as that sounds. I do however have to write a short-ish essay of 4500 words about the Bauhaus and relate that to the 'Free plan vs Free Facade text". I'm yet to start and it's due in a few days...

6. Agaetis Byrjun

I did my MA thesis on Iranian religious theater and particularly its place in the modernist performing arts festivals of the 60's and 70's. My degree was in art history.

7. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You'll be much happier not knowing.

8. apostrophied

Not sure yet, but it will have something to do with mood disorders and potentially eating disorders. The mood disorders part I'm pretty sure about because that's what my lab studies, the eating disorders part depends on whether my supervisor has funds left over to collect data or not lol.

9. Foxface

Mine was a professional degree - MA Clinical Psychology

My Masters CCE was a 60 page diagnostic and theoretical understanding of my patient from an Feminist-Analytic view

hardest thing I ever wrote

My defense lasted an hour and a half