1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screamer videos are not ok

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Notsoshure, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Notsoshure

I don`t understand how people even find that funny?
    Yeah maybe it is fun to prank your friend, but what is not funny is to see a cmpletely innocent video with earplugs and loud sound, only to almost fall of your chair and get a heartattack while others laugh at you.

It`s just not cool. It makes me upset, just needed to get this out there.

What do you think about such videos? Are they ok, or are they stupid?

(btw. sorry for any spelling mistakes.)

2. Sarcastic Luck

Eh, they're not much different than being rick rolled.

3. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

People still make those?

4. Notsoshure

Yes, actually they do. And it is really annyoing, because it really scares me. I thought people had stopped doing that, but i was wrong and got really scared. Just annoys me people find it funny to scare others like that. It`s not fun doing towards others, or being the reciever of the joke.

5. Slothus

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's such a cheap form of horror and takes absolutely no skill. Believe it or not there are entire films that only use this method of scaring people. Paranormal activity was one I watched a while back and a little way through it I noticed that the structure of the entire movie was: suspenseful build-up, jump scare. It's just bad. If you're going to scare me, do it properly.

6. Hiems

Several years ago, my brother played some game on Miniclip where a screamer appeared when he lost, which traumatized him for a few weeks. Luckily, he and I shared a room at the time, so he didn't freak out at night. I think he would have trouble sleeping alone after that...

I almost got caught by a screamer. It was masqueraded as a Jeopardy blooper video, but one thing that caught my eye while the video streamed was that it had a significant amount of dislikes. The first thought that came to mind was "screamer", so I turned the volume down, ripped off my headphones, paused the video and scrolled down to comments. Lo and behold, it was indeed a screamer. So I got mad lucky :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's actually a lot different than being rick rolled. It's aweful, and not funny. It's a spoiled 12 year old's humour if you ask me.
    I have actually been traumatised by these, so eveyrime I watch a video that seems quite random I first check the comment section to make sure I don't suffer a heart attack in front of my computer screen, quite paranoid of me, I know! :lol:

8. Notsoshure

I agree with you there. Ah it is just so stupid when you are caught of guard and get really scared. People mentions movies and such, but innocent videos where this suddenly happens isn`t cool. It is traumatizing and it has happened to me before as well. Is hould start checikng comments again then, just to be on the safe side XD

9. Caleb2001

I hate them! I nearly broke my arm when I fell out of my chair and cracked elbow on the desk.

10. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have many friends that these videos will trigger their PTSD or send them into panic attacks. So, while sometimes they can be good fun, they can also cause problems for people.

11. antimacy

I think screamer videos are very much unlike rickrolling. Like what BradTheCat said - they can be triggering to people with PTSD as well as other forms of anxiety.
    I don't understand why they still exist - they're incredibly inconsiderate and potentially harmful. Rickrolls are just mildly annoying most of the time, though I've seen those get malicious as well, though viruses, etc.

12. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, I had to look this up... I assume this is what you're talking about?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCkidmYcoQw[/YOUTUBE]

It seems I'm less infuriated than most are here. The panic attacks or PTSD I can understand, sure, but aside from that.

It's just plain stupidity to me. And the reactions baffle me... if the volume was loud and I was wearing earplugs I'd just wince and automatically pull them out, but after that I don't get it? That's not something I'm falling out a chair for.

13. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Finally enough they just had a screamer reference on the TV.

I've been caught out by that creepy Korean Manwha and the screamer in Mortal Kombat, but never a video.

14. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

wHaT tHe HeCk. That video. Dang.

Nah though screamers suck.

15. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Eh...

See, I hate the crap out of them. But man. Is it bad I like foisting them on my brother?

Wouldn't do that to anyone else, especially someone who's like, triggered by shit like that. But I can't tell you how many times that guy's Rickrolled or sicked a screamer on me. Gotta get my revenge, eh?

16. Notsoshure

I wouldn`t say that is it bad that you and your brother trick eachother with em for fun.

And yeah, it`s fun to take revenge on siblings xD

17. PurpleGrey

Ugh! My brother would get me with those all the time when we were kids. It's bad enough when out of nowhere you get a sudden shriek and a photo of Michael Jackson, but I have an anxiety disorder, and a lot of the time, when I'm alone, especially at night, I keep thinking something is gonna do that jump scare. Sometimes my own brain will get me with one, and I'll imagine monsters.

So, yes, there is a chance of lasting damage. I pull pranks on my sister all the time, but I don't stoop to this shit.

18. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Never gonna give you up! :slight_smile:

19. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Never gonna let you down! :eusa_danc

20. Miiaaaaa

Out Status: