1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT Support group.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by theCHIVEguy21, Apr 24, 2014.

1. theCHIVEguy21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I live in the suburbs of Chicago and although in the city there are many LGBT groups, if you live in the suburbs then you are out of luck if you want a group. It is hard to get the LGBT community to come together and I wanted to start a group in my area. I have no idea what this entails and I was wondering if all of you could let me know what I need to do to seriously get a group going in my area. Thanks for taking the time to help.

-PAT:icon_bigg

2. RainbowMan

Well, one thing that you could do is try to start a group on Meetup, but I'm not certain if that's precisely what you want, but it might be a good start to get LGBT folks together in your area.

Depending on how far out you live, there might be an LGBT community center near to you that you might want to reach out to, or even the one in the city. They may have pointers as well.

3. theMaverick

Well I'd say for starters use a site like meetup or something and advertise an LGBT meetup somewhere public and see what happens.

---------- Post added 24th Apr 2014 at 10:00 PM ----------

Did NOT mean to copy you RainbowMan! Great minds think alike!