1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Someone To Relate To

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JStevens96, Apr 25, 2014.

1. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

My apologies in advance for sounding needy, but I lack anybody who I can relate to in person, so perhaps I can find someone or some people here.

I am 17, from New York, planning to fully come out soon as only some people know, & just not having someone to relate to by my side is saddening to me.

I plan to fully come out after school is over, as I am trapped in a Catholic, all boy school, if anyone has any advice or willing to talk, feel free to respond. Thanks:slight_smile:

2. Trentacles

Hey mate.

I definitely recommend waiting until school is over so good choice there. I think there's a lot of people here that you'll be able to relate to so i'm glad you found the site. It sucks trying to deal with things by yourself.

3. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

You're so right. My Dad knows & is by my side so that is a huge plus. Hopefully things go well.

4. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    that's awesome that your dad supports you
    well, you got plenty of people that are willing to help you here as well, some of us that are city guys/gals as well
    we all gone down that same road before, and it is pretty difficult. you're pretty set on about coming out after school, which is what I did, and i couldn't have been more happier with my decision.

5. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sure, the thing I need the most these days, is people I can freely talk to about anything. I'm waiting for school to end as well, that is my cage. So I perfectly get what you're dealing with. Feel free to PM me or anything :slight_smile:

6. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

Thanks for the confidence boost. Of course it's a nerve racking situation, just can't wait to get it over with.

7. Joelouis

To say your Dad is by your side speaks volumes for him as well. Sounds like a very good father.

8. Camerooon

Awesome to hear that your dad supports you. Coming out can be a long process. I think it's always a good idea to come out to some close friends that you trust before you fully come out, and it definitely gets easier every time you tell someone.

Trust your gut, and come out when you're ready and comfortable. If that means waiting until after school, that's great. I told a few people I trusted while I was at school, but it wasn't until after I left (last May) that I've been coming out to more and more people. Do what feels right. Good luck! (*hug*)

9. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

Thanks! A lot of people know it's just I'm not fully "out" either. Thanks for the confidence boost! (Hugs)

---------- Post added 25th Apr 2014 at 01:52 PM ----------

Oh for sure. He told me from when I was younger he could care less about that stuff. Unfortunately the rest of my family isn't like that, but I'm glad he is here to help.

10. Joelouis

I was under the impression that coming out to a father was the hardest thing as they were more likely to be - I don't know - disappointed in a way, but after watching a couple of clips on YouTube regarding guys coming out to their Dads, I think i was wrong and I now think differently.

Well done for you though and good on your Dad.

11. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

Yes. I did it over a text message. I know it sounds cowardly but I was just happy to get it done. We then went for a drive & we talked about it. Good to know he is there.