1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I visit my high school crush?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AmiBee, Apr 25, 2014.

1. AmiBee

I am in my 40s now, but I back in high school I had a huge crush on one of my best friends. I haven't seen her in almost 20 years. We have been in touch on Facebook and have texted and talked on the phone over the last few years. We've been talking about visiting each other and I'm in the position to do so this summer. We're both married and she is straight. I'd just love to see her again to catch up. I'd also like closure on my teen years. She recently admitted that I was her first kiss and that she loved and cared deeply about me then. Should I visit or is it just opening up a can of worms?

2. Kreiger

I'd do it, it sounds interesting to reconnect with someone after so many years, and if you've already been talking, it doesn't seem like meeting in person would be too different. Not going would guarantee feelings of things unresolved and unfinished, but going might give you the closure you're after.

3. AmiBee

Thanks, Kraiger
    I would love to see her again. Ill need to give it a little more thought. Hope my wife doesn't mind if I go.

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it shouldn't be a problem. Ask yourself do you feel comfortable seeing her:-D

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it would be good. She probably was a big influence on you learning about your sexuality, so I think that would be something you could tell her. You two have matured and are in stable relationships, so there doesn't seem to be much risk except rekindling a friendship. You will probably have a lot to talk about for the years after high school besides just your crush.

6. AmiBee

Yes, I agree. We've already talked about my attraction to her. She said that she wished she had known more when we were in high school so she could reassure me. She said it wouldn't change how she felt about me and the fact she loved me as a friend. I think it would be lovely to see her again and meet her baby daughter. I think that I still have a deep feeling of caring towards her but not of the lusting variety.:slight_smile:

#6 AmiBee, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  7. AmiBee

My high school crush invited me to visit for a weekend that her husband will be out of town. Should I read anything into this?

8. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think so just have fun but remember happy wife is a happy life don't over step ur boundaries .