1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The worst listener

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cass, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Cass

My mother does not listen

I explained my plans to her for the day like three times this week and that I needed dad to fix my headlight in my car before I go. She's suddenly surprised about my date and my choir concert despite being explained multiple times. I swear every time I have plans she does this :bang:

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is it just for plans, or other important things?
    Usually honesty is best. Have you told her how you feel like she doesn't listen?

3. Cass

Important stuff too
    And I've told her but I'm pretty sure she want listening then either. I love my mom to death she's wonderful she just doesn't pay attention

4. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Write things down for her. Have a family calendar put up someplace prominent, or a communal whiteboard on the fridge or inside of the front door where everybody notices it before they leave the house.

I'm sure if other family members (if there are any) experience the same issue with your mom, they'll jump on board and lobby for it, too. xD

(P.S. I have ADD & issues remembering things I've only heard with my ears, too - and I know this would help me.)

#4 all paths, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014