1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do you think are you attracted to your type?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChromeNerd, Apr 26, 2014.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I think I'm attracted to edgy and rebellious girls because of how I grew up. I was quite sheltered and innocent as a kid. I attracted a lot of "mother hen" types. They basically mothered me and kept me innocent. :tantrum: I kind of knew that they were treating me differently, but I had no idea what to do about it. I want an edgy girlfriend because I actually want to see the world and not get mothered. Now mother hen types turn me off so much I don't even want to be friends with them. Maybe acquaintances, but that's about it.

2. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

I'm attracted to natural girls that are a bit adventurous but sometimes just wanna sit and watch tv.
    I think cause most of todays mainstream girls are sooo fixed on pretending to be cool. (or I just know this kind of girls)
    I hate it when somebodys kinda lying who she/he is. I did that a long time and never wanna do it again.

3. BeTrue

BeTrue Guest

I am attracted to confident and sophisticated young ladies. I like the type who have themselves mentally, emotionally and spiritually put together. Those are the kind of women I find very sexy and appealing because they are a shadow of who I am which means that they will be a high level of uniformity in our relationship.

4. RandomMatt

I've always found myself attracted to feminine guys and masculine girls. From what I've seen, it appears I stray from the norm quite a bit haha

I've never known exactly why, though I'm hypothesized that it might come down to just the feeling of dominance over my partner (if that makes sense?)

That sounds weird even to me, but it's the only explanation I can think of outside of the vague/easy 'oh, it's just how I was made biologically' answer.

5. Kabuki

I'm the opposite of you Matt. I'm into masculine guys and feminine girls.
    I guess my reason to guys is the most common, finding what I lack on others. Since I'm not the most masculine guy, and my personality is not as extroverted as most guys, I find that attractive.

On girls, I guess it could be because when I was like 6-8 I always envied girls because they were aloud some liberty on how they can express themselves. I also like the way girls look in girly clothes, and since masculine girls generally don't like dresses and all that, I find myself leaning on the ones that are willing to use them. :lol:

6. RandomMatt

A prime example of what I mean by straying from the norm! haha :icon_wink

No but yeah I'm a fairly masculine guy myself (personality/demeanor-wise at least) and I've just never been able to get turned on by the idea of being with another masculine guy. Again, I think I'm just naturally attracted to dominance on my side and femininity on the other.

7. Kabuki

I understand what you mean. You really are straying from the norm, but that's just fine, you have your own preference and that is great :icon_wink

8. awesomeness

I think I'm attracted to twinks because I don't like the feeling of being "taken care of". I like to feel a sense of control when it comes to relationships.

9. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Why? Because I have a very peculiar temper.

10. CarUnderwater

i'm attracted to femmes because i'm shallow.

11. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like pretty preppy guys because those were the kinds of guys I went to school with and suppressed my feelings for because I was so confused and in denial.

12. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I like things that are the same, so I like guys who are like me

13. tscott

I am a dyed in the wool preppy, unapologetic. Been this way since my teens and too old to change and very comfortable with who I am. I find bears attractive, because they're less polished more at ease, less us vs. them. There also a kind of working class image, even if they're not in real life. There a kind of stregnth and a different kind of confidence about them that's attractive as well as a warmth and commraderie I like.

That's not to say that some one must fit that image, any more than some one has to have red hair.

14. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I find myself attracted to people who are extroverted. I am I guess a bit inbetween being an introvert and extrovert. I like girls who have the same hobbies-writing etc and who I can have a deep conversation with or just have fun with. I like people who can tell me how it is-I need to work on this, and people who aren't afraid to say how they feel (another thing I need to work on). I like to learn things from others too so... and I like girls who are expressive I suck with showing my emotional side so when someone is able to express themselves and be unafraid of being expressive whether it be emotionally and or physically than its a turn on because its another thing I need to work on.

I pretty much am attracted to people are what I would like to see in myself.

#14 Wolf123, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  15. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I'm attracted to youthful skinny twinks...and I'm not really sure why, since it is my own type. Perhaps I must be a narcissist.

And unlike the other above poster, I do want to be taken care of as a little twink boy, so it can be hard to find compatible partners, I need to find a dominant twink lol.

16. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm attracted to those nice boys, the ones who some might call "boyfriend-material" if they're straight. In some ways my type resembles what I like about myself, such as being generous, friendly to everyone, and emotionally mature. I don't like to be around very emotional or negative people for too long. In that sense, I want someone who is independent.

However, I wouldn't mind someone different, especially one who is more extroverted to bring me out of my shell, and I have a thing for athletic boys even though I'm quite skinny. I think those preferences are mostly due to social standards that I have internalized, and I would never choose them over the other aspects mentioned above.

17. Weekender

I like very genuine girls, like the kind I feel I can be myself around from the very first moment we meet. Someone I can just hang out and laugh with in Wal-Mart at 2 o'clock in the morning.

As far as looks go, somewhere more on the feminine side of the scale, but not completely a lipstick lesbian.

18. AshBee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't really have a type... My girlfriend in high school had short black hair and wore tank tops and was the funniest person I knew. Before I got to know her though I would've thought she wasn't my type...now I have a crush on a girl who dresses more feminine and has long brown hair. I guess once I get to know a person, it doesn't really matter what they look like, I look for someone who is funny, kind of introverted like myself, and they have to be sort of intelligent.