1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

APPS DATING/CHATTING Question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gazza123, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Hey

I'm not gonna name the apps, obviously duh, but we know the ones and the really well known one. Anyways I've been blocked most if the time when a guy sees my pic which us a little disheartening and well I know the guys on these apps can be quite horrible and shallow.

Anyways due to this don't have a pic and won't send one to anyone which kinda puts people off talking me. I'm not looking to date anyone from these apps because it's quite impossible for me to find anyone I'm genuinely interested in. However there are some nice guys on them who refuse to talk to face-less profes and... Well I've been burned one to many times in that department with rejections that I really don't wanna share any pics.

2. Hexagon

Maybe you could try sites rather than what I'm guessing may be a gay hookup app? Not everyone cares so much about appearances.

3. Cass

Online people first opinions of you are your picture and profile. Hopefully you'll find people who are willing to find out more

4. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lol on the really known one I've had guys telling me how 'everything seems perfect on my face' and guys blocking me as soon as they see it.

The problem with these apps is that people are usually looking to hook up and are therefore only interested in looks. And when I say looks, I don't mean whether you have a cute face and look like a nice guy, I mean the 'mainstream-look' for this kind of apps, namely the greek-god body straight-looking guy with small variations (hairy/not-hairy, blonde-brown hair, etc).
    You shouldn't take it personally, I've known guys who have spent years on those apps (because they need to be 'discreet' and hooking up is the only way) so they have very low levels of patience and block you to save both their time and yours. Of course that's a rude thing to do, but who takes that app seriously anyway?