1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever had times when you were really brave and impulsive?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Étoile, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Étoile

I did today. At my Golden Corrall, I've known a cashier there for about a year now (he was in my Computer class) and we kinda flirt with each other everytime we see each other or at least he does with me. Usually, I'm really shy around him and barely say much, but today I felt really bold. I went up to him, said 'Here you go', and gave him a folded-up piece of paper. What's so special about that piece of paper?

It had my number inside of it!

He smiled and said something but I couldn't hear what he said and I left as he put it in his apron. I'm not really expecting him to call me but it would be awesome if he did! Do you guys have any other stories like this? Be it risking your life, asking someone on a date, whatever.

2. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

Um, it's not really brave, but when I lived up north my dad and I were driving in a blizzard, and the car in front of us swerved and all of the sudden crashed through a barrier and down an embankment. So I jumped out of the car to see if they were alright, which they were thankfully :slight_smile:

3. Jeimuzu

One evening I decided I was going to travel 3000 miles to work doing something I'd never done before and had no experience doing.

I'm still here.

4. eclipse

eclipse Guest

One time while i was in a car (the front passenger seat), we just parked on a hill, so the driver put the E-brake on. Instead of putting the transmission in Park, she moved it to Neutral, being used to a manual transmission, as am I. Oh yea - we were in a rental car. Well anyway, the E-brake slipped out from it's locked position and started rolling backwards down the hill while the driver was just getting out of the car, so she freaked as she started being pulled by her open door. I was still in my seat and reached out with one hand to slam the stick into 1st gear, again thinking manual transmission, and used my other hand to turn the wheel so the car would swing out and away from my friend who was barely trapped by the door.

A few skipped heart beats later, the car stopped and the only bodily damage to my friend was her broken nail, and a partially twisted ankle. PHEW!!

5. Nanzuniko

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I could spend forever thinking not to remember any D=

6. justjoshoh

Well, my story is similar in nature to Perrygay's. Several years ago, on my way to work, I approached an intersection as two cars collided. I pulled over, parked, jumped out with first aid kit and cell phone in hand. I called 911 as I checked on the vehicle occupants. The rescue squad and fire engine station was four blocks away and a police cruiser was there within a minute from the 911 call.

I was glad that I sprang into action instinctively, based on my first-aid and BLS training.

7. Poring

oooh, what a clever thing to do. I should try this sometime, hahaha! :thumbsup:

But yeah, it would take ages for me to remember a thing where I did something bold and out of the ordinary as I'm sort of a reserved type of guy.. :slight_smile:

8. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

This made me laugh... because hopefully everyone would stop to make sure everything is ok... I can't see someone just driveing by "did you see anything I did'nt see anything"

9. sexyalex

nope. but as it relates to being bold? everyday! lol :lol:

10. ausdtc

I actually almost did this myself a month or so back, but chickened out and had forgotten about it until now.

I was at a supermarket and one of the guys on the checkouts was *very* cute, we exchanged a couple of glances/smiles while I was in the store and I wanted to ensure he was the one who served me, and when he handed me the reciept, write my number on it and hand it back as I would when I sign for a credit card transaction.. But yeah, as I said, chickened out.. I really should head back down there at some point :grin: