1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mens hair advice

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Yuteno, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Yuteno

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Odd one... but I've always always *always* gone for a short clippered cut all over.

Problem: I now want to do something more than just have it clippered all over.

I still want it short.. but not to look a mess.. Only, once I leave it past 5-6 weeks, it starts to curl at the ends and generally looks a mess.

I'm an amateur when it comes to both hair cuts and hair products.... so I could do with some advice! I obviously need to find someone else to do it too, since a clipper cut all over from a friend doesnt fit if I want it slightly longer now.

2. jaysuss

Okay. So are great current trend is getting an undercut. You can keep most of it long but its a very forward style. I would recommend looking up a lot of pictures and picking one you like. They work great with most facial structure and can be really easy to style. For styling products i would go with a wax or a cream. Gels can be nice too i guess but I prefer to avoid them at all cost. Also if you want a shiny look go with petroleum based but realize that it will take dish soap to get it out

3. Joelouis

Why not just ask your barber what style he/she thinks would suit you when you next go in?

4. Yuteno

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the advice there... half of the problem is I've always had my friend do it! So I'm also apprehensive about going someplace new.

I went into one place, had a discussion about where it was going and came out looking ridiculous and taking it back completely short again.