1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How believable is it that I'm in love?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by girlonfire, Apr 27, 2014.

1. girlonfire

So . . . I'm sixteen. And I think I'm in love . . . my best friend and I have established that we love each other a while ago, we're kinda dating but we're kinda not, it's pretty complicated. Anywho, basically, I'm only truly happy when I'm with her, I feel like a piece of me is missing when we're not together or talking. I'm asexual, so there's nothing sexual in our relationship, the most we've done is hug/cuddle. She makes me feel . . . well, amazing. I don't really know how to describe it. But it's in my core, where I feel it. It's almost painful, that's how strong it is. When I feel it but we're not together it is painful, in a way that's physical but not . . . does that make sense? I don't know. If you're wondering, she feels the exact same way. I can't imagine a future without her in it. We're already planning how we're going to get an apartment together and be roommates *if* we go to college in the same city.

The problem is, I'm sixteen and she's fifteen. We've never dated other people. She's heterosexual, but she thinks biromantic. We've both crushed on people before, but definitely never to this extent. This feels crazy. There's not enough words in the English language to describe how much I love her. But do I? I know there's always those teenage idiots who get pregnant and get married right out of high school, then divorced a few years later. How do I know this is the real thing? I definitely don't want to be told I don't know what love is for them to be right.

Sorry this post makes no sense. In short, does this even happen? Can a sixteen/fifteen year old fall in love? Or do we not know what love is?

2. Foxface

I say what I am about to say gently and not to offend

ask yourself the following questions

1. Does it matter that we think you're in love?

2. Does it matter to define your relationship as being in love?

I say just be what you are and do not worry about what we think or labeling what it is

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think there is one definition for love. What one person may call love another might call infatuation. So, like many things, love is like a continuum. Being teens, your definition of love may be simpler than an adult because your bodies and minds are changing rapidly. In that sense, experience plays a big role, and it can be easier to define what is not [deep/sincere/etc.] love. I think one main thing is that love is free and can't be bought or sold.

You might check out this article. I liked this quote.

What is love? Five theories on the greatest emotion of all | The panel | Comment is free | theguardian.com