1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else have low self esteem?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NicoletteChris, Apr 28, 2014.

1. NicoletteChris

It was really embarrassing I went out to get frozen yogurt and I walked into the fro yo shop and BOOM an entire group of cute girls also walked right in! Why is it that when I'm all done up and go out I encounter no cute girls but when not I see a whole gaggle of them :angry:

I have terrible self esteem I don't like the way I look at all, I'm going to therapy for it but for anyone else has low self esteem how do you handle it?

I get so embarrassed around girls I feel like no girl would find me attractive enough to date I've never had a girlfriend before who isn't long distance.

2. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    If that's you in your profile picture I think you're beautiful.

3. NicoletteChris

Haha aw no you're waaaay too kind yeah that's me but fair warning I had 50 pounds of makeup on my face for a baby shower that day haha c:

4. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

I have a low self esteem, but it doesn't bother me that much. I'm just kind of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . Lol

I agree with ChromeNerd.

5. Jonathan

Oh, I have awful self-esteem. I very rarely go anywhere without getting myself "ready" (shower, shave, styling my hair, etc.) because I'm insecure about my looks and never want to look like a slob. To the point, where I would shower BEFORE going to the gym :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: .

Similar to you, the insecurity does get somewhat worse when I'm around large groups of people my own age. What I tend to do is take some deep breaths and remember that despite my insecurities, what those people think of my appearance actually has no influence on my life nor my happiness. The only person who controls your happiness is you. Don't let the assumed opinions of random strangers dictate it.

If you want to look nice and get "done up", go for it. But do it for you, not for those other people.

As for dating, don't stress too much over looks. While they do factor into a relationship, you want someone who likes you as a person and not just for the way you look.

6. BelleFromHell

ME~

[​IMG]

Yeah, I've never truly felt good about myself. It's due to a bunch of different factors, really.

I struggle with bipolar I disorder and mild OCD. I'm white, native American and hispanic, so some people ask me about my race and say, "you look white, but your face doesn't look like a regular white face." I guess you can say my facial features are some weird mix of Scandinavian, German and native American. I don't like looking different than everyone else.

I'm homeschooled and I don't have any friends outside the internet. I sometimes cry myself to sleep just from the alienation. Other teenagers get to go to the mall with their friends, go to school clubs and have a LIFE. Also, my step-dad likes to put me down and say, "you're an ugly retard, just like your father!" which really hurts since I hate my father, and I don't want ANYTHING to do with him. Not to mention education is the only thing truly important in my life due to my shitty family and severe lack of friends.

I haven't gotten any school work or sleeping done in the fast few weeks because the fear of me not getting my GED and never going to college is paralyzing...

Oh, and I don't like the fact that I'm a lesbian, either. I don't like being so different.

7. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

(*hug*)

Just two things: first of all, you will get your GED and go to college, I'm certain of that. :slight_smile:

Second, my ex-wife has almost the same unique look and heritage you mentioned and I absolutely adore her face. So will any number of women out there, you'll see!

8. Emulator

My self-esteem shifts throughout the day. Depending on what happens. Though it's usually low, especially online...

I don't handle it. I'll just write a note never meant to be read and go listen to some uplifting music, if I can find any.
    Oh, and I'll go read some entertaining forum posts that made a notable impression on my daily prowl.

9. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Being a bisexual with a learning disability who's tryingto find a job. I don't think there is a reason to have esteem

10. Shea

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm 4'11" have pronounced autism and coordination problems.

11. NoaWinchester

My self-esteem is pretty low; it's definitely mostly due to my own thoughts and feelings about myself. They poison my mind.

12. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My self-esteem is shot. I never had much confidence in myself at all, I feel the struggle.

13. Romanticdude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess it's ok to be a little bit insecure from time to time, it gives you the opportunity to improve and challenge yourself. However there's no way y'all should be worried about your self-esteem. People is way stronger than they think.:wink:

14. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I have dealt with SA for a good part of my life.. But i'm coming out a very strong person.

Yes there are days I want to hide.. Days I want to die.. Days I want to cry.. but there are also days I want to scream from the rooftops how beautiful life really is! What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.. I took control of my life. I exercised.. Meditated.. Basically turned into the real life Mulan. I got over most of my problems. I do get nervous around adorable girls but I don't let it break me. I always smile and keep my head up. I have had an experience where it was the opposite way around.. a girl was shy/nervous towards me but after I smiled at her and asked how her day was she lit up! I think you just want to feel loved. You are only human afterall. Self-Hatred/Loathing is not a nice feeling. Noone on this planet should have to suffer through it.

I personally think you are very pretty! You look like a sweet girl. Don't feel down.. Life isn't always dark :slight_smile: (*hug*)

15. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Low? How about nonexistent?

16. Story Jinx

I've had low self esteem all my life when I thought I was cis (of when I didn't know I could be otherwise).
    I thought I would never be attractive enough, I found myself horrible, was super shy to meet now people..

It all got resolved when I realized I was genderless.

17. awesomeness

Logically, it seems to be that the only real solution to getting more confidence, is changing the things that make you insecure in the first place.

If your looks are bothering you, then change what you can. If it's your style, buy new clothes. If it's your hair, then style it in a different way. If it's your nose, then save some money up for a nose-job etc.

That's how I see it at least.

18. Daniel003

Logically yes that would work but u cant really do anything about if ur just rubbish at being around people
    I get low self esteem and just spend the day being quiet and not really talking

19. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My self-esteem is shit! It takes me quite a while to get out of my house because I want to look perfect. Then when I see someone I find attractive bam! I get this knot in my stomach and feel like shit and want to just leave and go back home.

Of course I project a wholly different image, because when people know you have low self-esteem, they tend to look down on you and take you for someone who's less important. So whilst people who know me think I'm in love with myself and confident, I'm the exact opposite, and only my true friends get to know that side. And that's how I deal with my confidence issues.

20. Cass

I have low self esteem too, but I have to agree with Chromenerd
    You are very pretty