1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[A thought about war] Bubble -- a gay themed show

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bryan90, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Bryan90

[YOUTUBE]E8Xj-EZmO1Y[/YOUTUBE]

So I watched this show, Bubble, directed by the director of Yossi & Jagger, which depicts an Arab falling in love with a Jew amidst the Isreali-Palestinian conflict.

But anyway, it made me think a tad bit more about the wars and killings that are going around our world today.

My professor said in one of his lectures, "We read about these, we watch the documentaries/movies, we feel sad for 10 minutes, and then we go to the kitchen, stuff ourselves and continue living."

Sometimes, I ask myself, "What can we actually do?" And most of the times, my realistic self tells me, "nothing."

When will we ever have the chance to live in a world where people sort out their differences and spread love instead of hatred.

2. InaRut

So here's what you do. You sit at the corner of yonge street, grab a guitar, and start jamming till we bring back the fad of protest singing.

I've got my love beads and peace symbols and crazy dancing hips already to help you out there Byran!

:slight_smile: Seriously though, Imagine a hippie jam session in tune to the war over seas?