1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eye Strain

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GreenMan, Apr 29, 2014.

1. GreenMan

GreenMan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I use the internet on my phone a lot, and I'm noticing my eyes becoming more strained over time. More blood vessels are showing up in the whites of my eyes. Are others experiencing this? I'm kinda surprised everyone isn't walking around with full-on red eyes, given how much most of us use devices now.
    So is this a commonly experienced problem, or should I maybe go to the eye doctor?

Of course digital devices are going to cause some level of eye strain anyways. I was just curious how others here are experiencing it.

Thanks

2. Emulator

I used to strain a lot but now I will take a break for a few seconds by just looking away, closing my eyes, or looking at something further away.

3. Shea

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try what the person above me said, and if it continues go see the doc.

4. I actually had to get glasses for this!
    I think I read myself into having focusing problems. :rolle:
    I only need to wear them when I'm reading (I'm a philosophy major so that's basically all the time) and when I'm on my computer and phone for a long time as well.

As far as red eyes go, try and make sure you're blinking enough. I know it seems weird to think about blinking, but it happens less when you're staring at a screen. Also drink a lot of water because it will keep your eyes wet enough.
    If you are having problems focusing however, I would visit your eye doctor and see if they have glasses or focusing exercises to help your eyes be stronger and less strained.

5. MDNA

Out Status:
    A few people
    I think you know what you have to do :slight_smile: