1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any Furries!?, or fandom-ers hanging around heres?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Suede, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Suede

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, if yer a furry, furrie, or however ya spell it. Please sound off here for me.

For all who dont know, its basically a gay subculture that digs cartoons, old school shot or just likes to use animal avatars rather than themselves for everday use.

As i use. Though mines a pretty damn nice replica of my over-pierced, overly hairy "austin powers-esque" styled ass.

Its a cute thang, many love to delve into because its "safe" and they dont have to truly come out of the closet, just their cartoon alter ego does.

So please, dont make fun, or be jovial. either you say youre part of it, or please, dont comment. Justa ateddy bears humble request of you all.

2. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not even a furry and I think you're missing the whole point of it. From every other furry I've spoken with, only a small percentage of furries are actually gay. They're unrelated, as far as I know.

Anyway, I have nothing against furries no matter how they choose to present themselves. Fursuits aren't really for me, but I think a lot of people have the impression that furries are all sex-crazed social outcasts. Not true at all.

3. TyraBanksIsFierce

I thought furries meant that they get turned on by animals?

4. Level N Human

^ I don't think most furries are bestial in nature; probably a common misconception.

Can I be a furry too? Or do robots Starmen not really count, as they do not have fur. D:

We do have a resident Walrus here though. Maybe not a furry, but a walrus. Maybe he will pop in soon.

5. wherewulfe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxFvV5PXK7A

this and

http://www.tigerden.com/poem.html

explain the fandom pretty well

we're not turned on by animals per say, but more of an anthropomorphic version of said animal (in other words, humananoid animals sort of like bugz bunny or daffy duck)

and a furry doesnt exactly mean animals with actual fur could even be extinct or imaginary

#5 wherewulfe, Aug 2, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  6. dreamfinder

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I am not a furry but i have dated a babyfur, so i understand a lot about furries; and for that fact the AB/DL world of things. On that note(if its allowed) do we have any AB (adult baby) or DL (Diaper lovers) here on the site. I am not one but again i have dated one and just curious to how many are on the site?

#6 dreamfinder, Aug 2, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  7. wherewulfe

on the contrary, about 25% of the fandom is gay, 25% are straight and 50% are bi, also we dont exactly have sex in the suits (well some do) but they are mostly just for running around in and enjoying. and while i admit that some are sex-crazed social outcasts but there is some of those in every little sub-culture

8. InaRut

Walrus= Not furry.

The reason that I am the Walrus is that (the last time I post this BLOODY explanation) is that when I first joined I had the beetles song, "I am the Walrus" in my avatar. With a picture of a walrus. Then people just started calling me walrus or walrus boy. And that's why I overplay the role of some sort of furry-esque walrus at EC.

But as for the walrus being a furry. I've skimmed that culture. And I backed out. It definately wasn't something that I wanted to be involved in.

But that doesn't mean I'm a hater. What's right for some, may not be right for others.

So I'm not a furry. But if you are, whatever.

One thing though, is those who try to define furry as a sexuality. It's kinda a bothersome topic. But I don't want to get into it before I have the "We hate Phil Club" established.

9. wherewulfe

you may not be a furry or part of the fandom but walruses can be furry, furry doesnt necessarily protain to fur but as to anthropomorphism which is giving human traits to non human things or objects

hell dr samuel conway (uncle kage) is a cockroach

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not a furry, but a friend to furries, if that's a term. I was asked to work a furry convention a few years back (I wouldn't have been "in suit"), and I would've loved to do it, but I was already booked that weekend. I told them to keep me in mind, though. It sounded like a blast. The few furries I've met have been amazingly cool folks.

Lex

11. Level N Human

Ah hah, sorry.

I think you misunderstood me, I didn't assume you were a furry; was only poking a bit of fun at your walrus alter-ego.

No offense intended though.

And my proposition to join the furry community as a starman was only a tongue-in-cheek comment as well. But I enjoy the explanations about which animals and things can be a furry! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Ty

Ty Guest

I wonder if Candlejack would count as a fu

13. wherewulfe

ok anonymous, let's all play friendly here and not bring candlejack into th

14. InaRut

Ahahaha oh no the anonymous/furry wars better not start at EC. This is a safe haven for all kinds.

15. wherewulfe

it's such a bizarre love-hate triangle. furries vs anonymous vs anime fans