1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Needs to Exist!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PurpleGrey, May 1, 2014.

1. PurpleGrey

Hey, evvies!

So, lately, I've been trying to find a place where I can socialize with other queer people my age outside of church. Something more social than church, I mean. By the way, it's a gay church.

So, I look and look, but there isn't really anywhere I can just pop by and meet people. I mean, there's a LGBT community center, but I don't understand the calendar or schedule or anything, plus it's far. I'm not old enough to get into a bar or anything, which sucks because it should be easier to meet girls that way. I mean, girls expect to get hit on, right?

I thought about a GSA, but it turns out those are just school things. Not sure what one does there anyhow. I assume it's something like ec, where you just talk about problems and events and drama and loneliness and stuff. I imagine it's like a support group, but not as depressing and you talk about more things. That's what I need, an offline ec type thing.

Or rather, a place where queer teenagers and such can just hang whenever. Somewhere I don't have to walk far to get, though. Urgh! Damn this hetero town! I wish I lived closer to WeHo, there's lots of gay bars, so I imagine there's more to do for a teenager.

So, anybody know such a place I can just waltz into ans socialize with other queer people? :help:

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish there were just a GSM section at bookstores or something. That way you could have a stable meeting place that's not 21+ and have a bunch of readily available topics to talk about. :wink:

3. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I wish there were LGBT shops or something so I could meet people. I don't like the club/bar scene.

4. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    maybe try for a LGBT friendly coffee shop? check with friends at church and see of there is a place where they go to hang out, outside of church, and have a coffee and chat etc.

---------- Post added 1st May 2014 at 03:32 PM ----------

By the way, you attend a gay church? that's fantastic.