1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Typical Life of Being Transgender?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bisexualkpopfan, May 1, 2014.

1. Hey guys!! Hope things are going good for you all! :slight_smile:

So anyways, I don't know many transgender people at all - none in real - And I just want to know, when did you find out you were born in the wrong body and tell me about the struggles - but as well as the good things - Of being a trans male or female! Thanks so much everyone!!

2. Techno Kid

I did not realize I was trans* until this year. : 3

I feel like I'm in the middle of male and female (both and neither at the same time) That is another way you can be trans* :slight_smile:

I hate being called male pronouns! It just kills me! :tears: I am not I man :***: It has been a bad day for pronouns... sorry. :/

Hair besides the top of my head and eye brows sucks! I think my hands and feet are too big... I want them to be cute. :frowning2: My voice is also not femme enough.

Ohhh good things too!! I like that I can see the world from a unique perspective. :grin:

#2 Techno Kid, May 1, 2014
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
  3. Caillin

I figured out like a year or so ago I didnt really mark it on a calender :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. What I find to be my biggest struggle is bodily dysphoria everything feels off and wrong like im being betrayed by my own body. And uhhh good things well I guess id rather be a transman then a cisfemale. :shrug:

4. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

I think everyone's experience is pretty different. There are some similarities, but everyone's story of how they figured things out that I have heard is a little different. Life is a journey. Going through the level of change someone does when transitioning makes life anything but typical.

5. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, Its kind of hard to explain everything and this might turn out pretty long... So, here's a little about me I guess.

I remember feeling different from a young age but I think everyone feels different so that doesn't really mean much. I was taught what was expected of boys and anytime I deviated from the norm my mother would tell me about how I would be mocked at school. Shes the only one who ever mocked me or taunted me though. I always liked "chic" music and was prodded at sometimes for that though. I like a ton of "guy" things on top of that like video games, fishing, camping, ect so that made me second guess everything for the longest time.

So, when did I start putting things together... It started for me at puberty. I didn't like the changes happening with my body but I put it out of my mind. Later on I started feeling resentment for the hair on my body, my "you know what", body build, pretty much everything that testosterone does to the body. I didn't know that there was a word for what I was feeling and I was depressed and confused. So I did what any teen does and asked the internet. There was lots of denying it, suppressing it, trying so hard not to be me. But it eventually wears you down.

I finally accepted it a while back. This site and the support of my friends have been tremendous in doing so. My parents hate me for it though. There very religious and to them I've denounced god by being me (I've been agnostic/ an atheist for a long time so I think they just needed something to blame for that). My mom burned the female clothes I ordered after I wore them a handful of times and made sure I knew how much of a deviant perv I was. My dad avoids it and sides with my mom. Apparently just being out is "shoving the gay agenda down their throats".

I don't really have female stuff anymore since my parents have said that if they find any more theyre getting a divorce and were moving. Well, I should say theyre moving I'd probably end up on the street. I use the support of my friends as a crutch and Im more or less just going through the motions until I can move away. It kinda sucks though putting on a mask each morning and not opening up your true self...

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah...

I've always been attracted to the female aesthetic as well as ability to behave in certain ways that I want to but am judged harshly on for being genetically XY.

I'd really like to be biologically female but retain my male tendencies yet be able to show emotion publicly.

Frankly I've always been emotional, had some feminine qualities, and had always been interested in female clothing and body form. Such beautiful examples of the Homo sapiens species...

I had these feelings since... Shit... Middle school? They were repressed, reexposed in high school, explored as a "cross dressing" phase. More exploration in grad school but too scared to present female in public. Now I have been out female in public and it isn't that hard although the general public has no idea who I am, only two people am I out to.

And I definitely don't want to be seen by anyone from my job...

The life of transgender people can be extremely closeted, to entirely out and even medically transitioned or somewhere in between like genderqueer, gender less or bigender (technically that's where I'm at although I more strongly identify as female and desire that' therefore I identify as female (trans*) because that's the most accurate label for me despite not being able to fully transition, frankly I cannot be presented as female all the time, and I'm not bodily dysphoric so that's ok I guess...)

As has been said. Varying types of transgender people are out there. We are all unique.

7. Kat 5

Basically this but without the mocking.

8. Niko

Well let's see.

I remember I could feel these feelings of something is wrong, at the early age of 5. I couldn't quite put my finger on it though. My parents allowed me to grow up as the tomboy I was, so I thought I was one of the guys. And to be honest I thought everyone felt the way I did, so I thought nothing of it.

I had days where I'd throw temper tantrums when I had to anything girly come into my life. I remember one occasion where my mom had bought me a quilt for my bed and it had small flowers on it (you could barely see them) and I threw a fit. I would cry and cry and cry. I also remember the time when I had to wear my first dress, when I was 8...oooh bad times. I threatened to cut the dress up with scissors, I was so pissed off. The only way my parents got me in that dressed was two things: 1) they let me wear shorts underneath and 2) my dad gave me a Denver Broncos watch to wear. As soon as the ceremony or whatever was done I ripped that thing off.

So growing up I always thought I was a weird girl. Never once did "being a guy trapped in a girl's body" come to mind. I felt bad about it. Middle school was awkward, I refused to acknowledge the fact that I was going to hit puberty, start my period, grow boobs, etc. And when the boobs did grow in it took me a very long time to finally wear a bra of some sort. High school, it was more of the same but I thought I "outgrew" my tomboy phase and started becoming more of a girl. I expressed myself as emo/punk-ish, because I thought maybe that would help, and it did kinda. I wore skinny jeans, form fitting shirts, had long hair; but no make-up. That was a huge no-no, always have been.I remember some kids would ask me if I was a boy or a girl, and I refused to answer them...my friends had to answer for me (of course saying girl).

Not to mention I would tell my friends if I were a guy I'd definitely be gay. And not because I was into yaoi or I thought it was hot, or whatever; but I felt something deep down inside that, that I really truly would be. And little did I know I was. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It wasn't till College did I stop doing all that, and then I found out what transgender was. Then everything clicked at once, and from then on I stopped pretending to be a girl. I've been expressing myself as male since, and yes I have bad dysphoria days; but to be honest I'm still happier than I was back in Middle School and High School.

Ever since coming out to myself I've been more aware of how I present myself. I find it quite difficult to be called by female pronouns, being called a lady or ma'am. I can't go into the ladies restroom without trying to avoid eye contact or just bolting to the stall so maybe no one will see; and then proceed to see if the coast is clear before leaving. So my dysphoria has gotten worse, because of it.

The good stuff though, uhhh...:lol: ...Hmm, well I'm glad to know I'm Transgender, rather then still be stuck and lost, feeling the way I did/do and thinking I was a freak and alone in the world.

9. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Typical day...? Well first of all, I'm getting up, I make myself some eggs, shower-

:lol:

Nah, I didn't really put the pieces together until about last year but something seemed off all my life. And after I figured it out? Joined EC, started mulling over whether transition was right for me, began taking small steps. Bought men's clothing, came out to friends and once I'd had things a bit more concrete, decided to attend community college as a guy. Came out to family about the same time- I was living with my mother then, she didn't take it well, no.

I'm now, about a year after realizing I'm really a man, am now living full time as Byron. I'm a full time student, hunting for work, and planning out my eventual medical transition so I can have a body that matches my gender.

Good stuff? Right now it's just every day feeling good (for the most part) and getting to finally be and know myself.

10. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    "GETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFF," the sex dysphoria yelled.

That's basically what happens if I bump into something wrong, notice a part of my body, etc. It's not fun to be transgender at all; being cis male would be ideal for me, since I feel that would give my transition a better conclusion (cis female would have been okay, too, but as I'm male I can't really imagine that).

I have been overweight ever since I was young. It sort of hampers my transition; I need to do some life adjustments. :lol: To be honest, for once I'm glad that Chinese guys are not expected to be as manly as other races of guys. That makes things a little easier on me. Good stuff? What good stuff? I guess I'm glad I've decided to be cautious here. It means I can plan my transition out better. I'm not even suicidal or depressed, and I hope I never will be.

Tl;Dr: It's not fun. It's not fun. It's not fun. Being a transsexual (and a minor at that) in this day and age is not fun. Did you get the emphasis I put on not fun?

#10 An Gentleman, May 1, 2014
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
  11. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

I have always knew I'm trans since when I was 2 years old. I admit to myself that when I was 16. I have top dyshoria but not the bottom one because the penis doesn't make the man. I'm straight and a little bit metrosexual/rock style. I'm trying to be accepted by my family. It seems there're good possibilities :slight_smile:

12. I didn't know that being both or neither could be another way you are trans! Thanks for letting me know!! Aww, I'll remember to stay away from the evil male pronouns next time, okay?:icon_wink

I hope you'll have the qualities you want to have soon! I'm sure you are still beautiful though^^

PS - If anything I said was offending, PLEASE let me know - I am still not that familiar on trans issues (which was why I asked this question lol).

But thanks so much for insight! It helped a lot :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 2nd May 2014 at 09:48 AM ----------

Haha that's okay xD

And aww, okay I see, I am sorry about your body dear :frowning2: If only there was some way to automatically fix it so that your body can match your heart!

Thank you for your feedback and please stay strong!(*hug*)

---------- Post added 2nd May 2014 at 09:49 AM ----------

That is true, everyone is different - I really meant to say that I wanted to know everyone's UNIQUE stories on being transgender themselves, typical really was a bad word to use because we all are a little more than just typical :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 2nd May 2014 at 09:54 AM ----------

This really opened my eyes to the trans struggle - Oh my goodness, that is so mean of your mother to do that, omg, she's about to make me mad now:tantrum:

Anyways, I hope that one day things get better for you and that you will be able to be your true self... That is so saddening that your parents are actually that cruel... And if they do divorce, no, that would NOT be your fault - So, don't let her make you feel guilty.

Please stay strong, and again, I hope that things get so much better; I'll be here if you need me too!(*hug*)

---------- Post added 2nd May 2014 at 10:01 AM ----------

Oh, I see, so femininity is something that you have always wanted? That the masculine things that happen at puberty and the masculine gender role just wasn't who you were on the inside?

And oh my goodness, that is so heartbreaking - About how you can't even let be see who you are. And even before I asked this question, I have always been hearing about how transgenders can lose their job really easily if they are discovered:tears:

I hope things get better for you as well and please, continue to be you and stay strong!!!!

---------- Post added 2nd May 2014 at 10:03 AM ----------

Oh okay, I see. I'm glad you were luckier to not have your mom taunt you and stuff. Thanks for your feedback and you stay strong too! :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 2nd May 2014 at 10:07 AM ----------

I am glad that now you are able to express yourself in the way you want to and finally know and understand who you are! I hope your dysphoria goes away completely though and that you will be happy and confident for all the days of your life! Thanks for your post and stay strong :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 2nd May 2014 at 10:13 AM ----------

Haha I know I should of used another word beside typical because what you were about to describe actually IS the typical day for anyone lol XD

And I am glad that you now have confidence in who you are! I hope your mom can accept it one day though. And good for you, Bryon, good luck on all the schoolwork and the job searching!! Stay strong through it all :slight_smile:

13. Yes, I know, and I am disappointed that society has to be so cruel to where other people have to hurt and suffer because of it :frowning2:

But I hope that one day things will get better... They have to, because with time, more and more equality for minorities will have to be accepted. And one day, everyone, no matter who they are, can live the way they want to.

Please do stay strong though and please do not think upon suicide because it is definitely not the answer.

And if you need to talk more, please let me know!(*hug*)

---------- Post added 2nd May 2014 at 10:20 AM ----------

From all the responses and yours, I have came to the conclusion that for many of you guys, being trans starts at a young age! Which definitely shows it's not a choice and no one should be cruel to you guys for something you just are!

And I'm glad there is a chance in the fact your family could accept you!!! That's great news, I hope they do!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Please stay strong no matter what happens though and thanks for your response! :slight_smile:

14. Daydream Harp

Found out in adult age, my life has been hell since. That's pretty much about it. No good things as far as I can remember.

15. You're one of the first that told me that you found out during your adult years! That's okay too though, some people find out later than others. But aww, I'm sorry things have not been going well, I hope they get better soon! Please stick with your true self and don't let people tear you down even though it's hard! Stay strong(*hug*)

16. Emulator

Being trans is not easy, but I like it. Now that I've experienced both sides of it (I used to be cisgender) I have no regrets. It gives me a different look on life.

17. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just want to know, when did you find out you were born in the wrong body

Of course, I cannot speak for everyone but personally, I feel that I am meant to learn something by being born into this body. In that sense, it isn't "wrong" so much as problematic. I do not pretend to understand why it was my fate to struggle as I have with this but dwelling on that would be pointless, in my opinion.

I've always felt different; I never felt like a girl even as a toddler of 2 or 3. I was confused by gender and confused by myself being assumed to be like my sister (i.e., a girl). I didn't know the word for what I was; I only knew that I was a boy in a girl's body - that, I've known for my entire gender-aware life (started at age 2 or so).

tell me about the struggles

I think that my greatest struggles have been for recognition and acceptance. In my parent's generation, no one spoke of gender variance. I've struggled and continue to struggle with both social and body dysphoria but have grown stronger as a person such that I'm typically able to not crash from either one. My greatest challenge is completely accepting myself so that I can let go of the guilt I feel toward others who are affected by my gender identity.

as well as the good things - Of being a trans male or female

I feel blessed in a way because I'm more empathetic than I think that I would be had I been a cismale. I can see many sides of the gender spectrum. I can appreciate the feminine and masculine in others and in myself. My life is my own unique journey and being transgender is a part of it that allows me to be more open toward others. I think that being trans has imbued me with more compassion toward those who face their own challenges and more rage toward those who would harm others. My emotions are more powerful and while difficult, I think that it's also a strength.