1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CDs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cass, May 1, 2014.

1. Cass

Someone messed with my CDs (I know old school)
    I took the case outta my old car and went to put them in my new car and half of them are missing
    Wouldn't be a huge deal but my favorite cd (evanescence- fallen) was in it :tears:
    I backed it all up on my computer to put on my iPod, but making a copy just isn't the same. I'm so upset.

2. Techno Kid

3. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

CDs are old school? D:

4. Cass

A lot of people tell me that they are. I don't think so but eh

5. Best of Both

Best of Both Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    buy some blank CD's and burn your songs on them

6. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh my god I know that feeling. I'm sorry. That happened to me a couple of years ago.

And copies aren't the same. Technically I could play music off a pendrive even, but it isn't the same as having a real CD. Even if you burn a new one it's not the same... I feel you. (*hug*)

7. Best of Both

Best of Both Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    why is it not the same

8. DMark69

Wow, CDs are old school. I didn't have a CD Player until my Senior Year of High School. Up to that point I had records, and cassettes. I still kept cassettes in my car for many years after that.

Oh, and I currently have a record player, and a reel to reel tape recorder. (both of which also play 8-track tapes).

9. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You forgot the VCR I still have a VCR. The sad thing is there are many, many people (probably just on this site) who have never seen or used a vinyl record, a VHS tape, or a cassette tape. The 8 track was on its way out when I wad born I used them a bit when I was like 7-8 they were considered old by then though.

Funny thing is I went to WalMart the other day and they were selling a stereo that looked like the one my parents had when I was a kid. It had a digital readout where the FM dial used to be and played CDs and had connection for an MP3 player. But I looked at this monstrosity with its foux brushed metal front huge knobs and foux wood grain sides and top and my first thought was "Hey 1982 called and they want their stereo back". The good news is I kept my parachute pants from the early 90s. In a few years I can wear my old clothes from high school and be the coolest 40 year old on the block.

10. DMark69

I have a VHS tape of my high school graduation, my husband wants to watch it, but I no longer have a VCR.
    8-Track is actually superior to cassette, the tape speed is twice as fast, it's only drawback is the loud click when it changes tracks often in the middle of a song. Reel to reel doubles tape speed again, and audio is as good as the original source. I also still believe that a properly engineered record on a good turntable sounds better than any digital media.

BTW Vinyl records are still being manufactured and are in fact making a comeback. My newest record is a lost Johnny Cash album released in April 2014. I even ran across a Justin Bieber picture disk on ebay, not my kind of music though.

#10 DMark69, May 3, 2014
    Last edited: May 3, 2014
  11. Cass

I really want a record player.