1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are/were you confused about your sexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChromeNerd, May 2, 2014.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm confused about my sexuality because I'm just not exactly sure what consistutes attraction. I also don't want to be attracted to guys, so that kind of makes me biased.

2. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have the same problem, ChromeNerd. I am touchy-feely person and some people might think I'm flirting with them or that I want them in some way but in reality I don't know why I do it I find it fun to do.

Anyway, yeah, I don't know what really counts as attraction and that's pretty annoying sometimes. After all, I'm still trying to accept myself..

3. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I sometimes catch myself giving guys flirty looks. I don't really know why I do that. I'm not really making an effort to appear straight anymore.

4. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I sometimes flirt with guys too but I hate it when they hit on me... I think I never actually acted straight anyway haha.

5. Cass

Cause I look at a guy and think "oh he's so hot omg " and then the same with a girl

It's rather confusing

6. CyanChachki

I was confused for quite awhile. I took many years trying to figure out who I really was. I went back and forth from being Bisexual to Lesbian and that went back and forth basically every year for 12 years and sometimes I would even think " No, I'm straight " or even that one time where I thought I was Pansexual.

I've even struggled to try and figure out if I wanted GRS or not. Part of me was afraid to get the surgery because there was this one time I had talk to my mom and my sister about it and my mom went on this long rant about how nobody should get it done and they should be their original birth gender and that she wouldn't talk to anyone if they had done it.. clearly, she was directing that towards me and I felt really sad. But you know.. later on I thought to myself, " I'm not letting her stop me from doing this. She's deliberately trying to stop me from my own happiness."

So I had to say forget about it. Forget about her, I'm going to do what makes ME happy. It'll hurt when she completely ignores me and won't talk to me again but I'm not going to sit back and let her have her way, you know? So now I'm a very proud, partially open Transgender and I'm a very open Bisexual :slight_smile:

7. zenya

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was 13 I told a girl at school that I didn’t like guy and within 1 hour the whole school know and I was immediately picked on this school was super religious and I told my RE teacher it was a lie so that the bullying would stop it wasn’t until I was 15 before I was comfortable exploring that side of myself again when we move to a new town where no one know me

8. valerie247

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was (and sometimes still am) confused because I do find some men attractive. I want those guys to notice me and think I'm attractive. But at the end of the day, I don't want to have a relationship with them, kiss them, or fuck them. I am more than capable of noticing an attractive person without wanting to be with them, and my desire for their attention is because I seek validation from them. I don't feel valuable unless I feel wanted. My only attraction to men is based on my own mental health issues, so it's not a valid attraction. The attraction I have for women is not based on validation like that. It is more genuine.

9. Best of Both

Best of Both Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have never been confused Ive always accepted myself for who I am

10. awesomeness

I used to think I was bisexual, until I realized there's a difference between attraction and sexual attraction. Plus I never considered the romantic part of it either, which is important as well.

11. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

"I don't like girls nearly as much as guys- No wait! That was last week. This week I had to take a cold shower after I saw that girl! But I want sex with a guy! But I also want sex with a girl!"

12. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

Don't know don't really care. *Drop the mic and walk away*

I simply am not interested in having a relationship in the near or even far future :3

13. Ginger Hobbit

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Growing up, I assumed I was straight as an arrow, "just like everyone else". I didn't really have many crushes or anything when my classmates started dating. I kind of liked one of my female friends when I was 14, but I ignored it and continued convincing myself I was "just like everyone else". I dated a couple (male) friends during that time, but looking back on it, neither of those relationships felt right. One was really a mislabeled friendship, and I was kind of pressured into the other one.

I'm still not sure if I had feelings for those guys at all or if I was just trying to feel what I was told I should feel. Regardless, when I think about being in a relationship now, I picture myself with a woman. I can find people attractive regardless of gender, and that was part of the confusing bit for me too.

I've been trying to figure what attraction means to me for quite some time now, and I don't know if I'll ever really know, which is why I've had difficulty figuring myself out. Maybe I just don't experience attraction as strongly as most people do, or perhaps I need more time to really figure it out, but that's where I am now.

14. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Because my eyes are almost exclusive to the female form, while my fantasies are almost exclusively to men. For years, I thought the former meant that I was straight. Recently I've determined how much that "female form exclusivity" is about being attracted to femininity vs. being attracted to females. Don't get me wrong, still definitely and strongly attracted to females. But because I am also immensely attracted to femininity (a good part of which is covetousness) and females happen to possess the lion's share of it, they predominate my visual attractions. By contrast, there are extremely few men I find really interesting-looking. Yet, they dominate my fantasies because it's a different kind of attraction. With men, it's more about how they make me feel; i.e., a woman. As I am attracted to feeling like a woman, I am psychologically and emotionally attracted to men.

If you were able to navigate that syllogism, congrats on being a GPS in human form. :grin: