1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reaction to LGBT

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by chloerx, May 2, 2014.

1. chloerx

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    So, I'm currently assigned to create a documentary about society's reaction to LGBT, do help me out by filling the following:

Do you think LGBT should be legalized/illegalized, why:

Thanks a lot guys!

2. LiquidSwords

What does that mean?

3. Derivative

Derivative Guest

I'm assuming you are asking whether we believe homosexuality/transexuality etc. should be legal or not. I would be very surprised if you found anyone here pushing for it to be illegal.

But, obviously I am going for legal! In terms of the law, being who you are or with who you want to be shouldn't be their business as long as it's consensual. I feel completely natural the way I am and it is natural. I can understand why some people can get uncomfortable about it when it comes to sex, but that's private and what happens between two people (with consent of course) should stay between two people, whether it be bisexual/homosexual/heterosexual blah blah.

4. CyanChachki

LGBT/Straight: Bisexual/Transgender

Of course I do. Ever since I started to learn more about the LGBT community I at first didn't know that there where issues involving marriage and supporting those who are a part of the community. As a kid, I had no talk about any of this, I never knew what it was until I was in grade 8. When I learned about LGBT not being accepted, I was confused as to why. I didn't understand why it was so wrong when it was so simple to understand. I tried many ways to understand exactly how they thought but I just couldn't get it.

I quickly learned that in many other countries, it was worse than the hate that I got every day. I broke my heart and hearing that so many people where executed or thrown in jail, losing their jobs just for something that shouldn't matter really hurt. I had been asked by people like my mom and my sister and a few of my friends why it hurt me so bad. Then, I didn't have an answer. Now, I've realized that it's because we're all family and when your family gets treated with such disrespect over something that really shouldn't matter it hurts you as well.

Here I am in a country where every province has legalized gay marriage, where we can walk freely on the streets and express to others who we really are and all we'll really get is so hard, critical hate and there are other people in this world who are still fighting for it, I ask myself why. Why are these people fighting for it? Why can't it just be accepted and celebrated, expressed as a part of life? Whatever it is, I applaud those who stand up and fight because I am right there with them.

So to answer your question, yes, it should be legalized because laws are man made. They are not a part of nature. Rules are ALWAYS subject to change, no matter how firm they may stand. Creation is simple to understand. It is something that was created by humans and to create something like marriage.. like laws, it's ALWAYS subject to change. They have created many different types of traditional weddings, it's not just one. Couples do many different things, it's not all the same, it's not just the right way or the wrong way, they celebrate it how they see fit.. So why the heck can't LGBT couples get married?

5. Higs

Most of Eastern Europe countries and places like Russia are making it illegal to the point where you can't hold hands in public even less kiss. In KSA there's a death sentence.
    It is a logical question but yeah nobody on these forums would go for illegal.

6. Cass

Age 20
    Orientation : bisexual with a male preference
    I think everyone should be free to be them

7. Derivative

Derivative Guest

I know, it is pretty sad that some countries can't move forward. Saw a documentary the other day (filmed a few years ago) about homosexuality in Uganda, and the false propaganda they spread around made me quite angry.

8. Daniel003

Age 15
    Orientation lesbian
    I think it should be legalized
    Even if in less accepting countries even if its just civil unions or the right to be lgbt+ then that would be a massive step

9. Kreiger

18, gay, well yes duh.

10. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    14, bisexual (no preference), the government shouldn't stick its nose into its citizens' lives.

11. Hexagon

LGBT/Straight: Queer and Trans (p.s. the term LGBT is not completely opposite of straight. Trans people can be straight.)
    You've come to a queer forum. You will find no one pushing for making homosexuality illegal. But let me get on to my answer.

Of course I believe there is nothing wrong with being queer. But that isn't the point. Other people believe otherwise. The point is that governments should not have the right to legislate on behaviours that cause no harm to those not involved in the behaviour. Homosexual relationships are between two consenting people of the same gender. This harms no one, and for that reason, it isn't up to government to decide whether people should be allowed to do it.

12. Yosia

LGBT/Straight: i like boys but I am also trans so when/if i transition thhen i will be straight
    Do you think LGBT should be legal?: Yes of course!! There is nothing weong withh it whatsoever!! What should be illegal is hate crime due to us not fitting what is 'normal' ^.^

13. Ignorance

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    LGTB/Straight: Lesbian
    Legal or illegal?: I believe that it should be legal because, simply, love is love. What other people believe to be moral or immoral shouldn't matter when we're talking about consenting human beings that happen to love each other.
    If we're not living in a theocracy, then religion shouldn't have a say on the laws. Divorce is legal for a reason.
    Luckily, I live in a country that legalized gay marriage in 2010. Even thought the church (leaded by Bergoglio, who became Pope Francis last year) protested quite heavily, the law was still pased. And, luckily as well, Bergoglio's views on homosexuality changed a bit over the years.

14. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LGBT/straight: bisexual
    Homosexuality legal?: no I think we should be hunted into extinction. Destroy us with extreme prejudice for if you don't the seas will boil, the sky's will fall and civilisation as we know it will come to an end. Oh no, wait hang on. I mean the other way round...obviously it should be legal.

Happy days :slight_smile:

15. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not quite sure what the survey will achieve on here. The answers to question one and two will vary, but to question three it will almost certainly be the same from everyone. Legal of course.

16. chrisyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The only reason I can see why you'd ask the third bit is to gauge a particular group of people's opinion on legalisation or not.

17. PrincessEliza

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Orientation: lesbianic rainbowish
    Weird question: I think that it is utterly ridiculous for any type of happiness to be illegal. Whether it be gay relationships, buying cats, or religion, people should always have the chance to be happy and enjoy life.