1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I forgot what it was like to be for equality...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Foxface, May 2, 2014.

1. Foxface

So I am a forum hound...I love a good forum!

I belong to a MASSIVE forum which for the sake of ToC will not be named. Anywho, on this forum the members proclaim to be open-minded and awake.

What I found funny was that there is a humongous amount of threads pertaining to the idea that women are lesser beings. So being my usual idealist self I came in and threw out my opinion...well by golly when they found I was a guy it was a storm

Accusations ranged from "he's just trying to impress women" to "he is selling out his own gender" to "it's really a woman, not a man"

I can take it. I am thick-skinned so no big deal there...the problem was what followed was a massive barrage of vitriol, hatred and overall venom spewed at women. I mean the things that were said were unreal

It's so tiring but what kills me the most is this

People will talk mad crap about women and literally treat them as lessers...then deny that there is an equality problem

2. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Woooah. That's heavy.
    I hate people that are pretending to be sth they're not.
    I'm glad this forum is perfect in regard to this as far as I have experienced till now.
    And I'm a little feminist sooo thanks for sharing that.:slight_smile:

3. Foxface

I mean hey let's be honest...I am not even remotely in the same ballpark as perfect

Yes I have objectified women before and still slip sometimes. I don't pretend to be anything I am not. I just wish society would realize that it is still sick

4. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Nobody's perfect. Not even me:grin:

Yea, me too.
    Society is a thing that's based on rumours, hate/discriminiation and swimming with the flow no matter what. It can't just support sth. It has to hate it first. To do whatever but not support it. Maybe I'm wrong. Could be. But sometimes I can't think anything other.
    And sometimes feminism is seen as violent hatred against men. And that's not true!!

How would you define society?