1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donde son mis bailadores de salsa, bachata o merengue?? Dancers where are you?:p

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Illus1, May 2, 2014.

1. Illus1

So title says it all where are my latin dancers at ??

Was just listening to my favorite latin songs from my childhood and thought of asking...

One my favorite latin songs :No es amor es un obsession (It's not love it's an obsession)

Sooo mis bailadores o bailadoras reveal yourselves!!

P.S. fans, aspiring dancers or just latin music lovers can post too..

#1 Illus1, May 2, 2014
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
  2. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

my sister ---->[​IMG]

3. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

OMG where did you get this smiley thing?????

4. Diego89

I used to like that song a lot too!

Oh, and it should be "están" instead of "son".

You see, in spanish, are could mean both ser/estar verbs, so it can get confusing.

Cheers. :slight_smile:

5. Illus1

You are right!! I remember someone telling me this in spanish class 7 years ago God i've never learnt lol. If only there was a way to edit the title.... I took spanish and learnt literature and can read & understand everything even speak(probably bad now due to no practise) but grammar well let's just say I had to get the best grade in the listening exam to average out my horrible essay score.
    But tell me why do people say De donde son? when asking where are you from?

P.S. I went and looked it up so don't worry about clarifying thanks I'll try to remember now

#5 Illus1, May 2, 2014
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
  6. Diego89

Well that's a very good question, I honestly don't know, I mean there's a rule but I'm afraid I don't remember it, I just "know" when to use each.

It's complicated, it's like suis/etre in french.

7. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just came back from a latin party. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I don't really like this kind of music, nor I dance well, but I make some efforts because it's always fun to dance with friends (and strangers). :grin:

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

Please confine your posts and headlines to English. For security reasons (because the majority of our staff isn't fluent in languages other than English), we need for posts on EC to be posted in a language where the staff can, at a glance, review them.

Thanks!

9. Illus1

Hi, I'm sorry, I'll remember this from now on.

10. AAASAS

Not a Latin dancer, but I like a ton of Latin music. Quantic, Jorge Ben Sur, Question.
    It's not really popular were I am because there aren't a ton of latin people, but my town as a significant population, and so does the town just south of me, so I've heard it enough without my choice that I really started to like it. One of my good friends growing up got me into Quantic, and a couple kids from school showed me a couple other artists.

It's one of the only types of music were I don't really mind female vocals all that much. For the most part I only like female vocals that are chopped and screwed, but I can listen to a latin song that is sung entirely by a female and like it.

These are three of my favourites

[youtube]tihuetXMG8U[/youtube]

[youtube]Sv7y4rbm-9Q[/youtube]

[youtube]vix42Qqbb8w[/youtube]

#10 AAASAS, May 3, 2014
    Last edited: May 3, 2014
  11. Julieno

I reallly enjoy latin dance I can do basic Cha-Cha and Jive, and also a little bit of Salsa and tango.

I go to same-sex friendly dance classes and it is pretty cool how being two guys or two girls make things change, since you can interchange the leader-follower roles in the middle of the song and many other things :slight_smile: And tango was initially a two guys dance anyway :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Ignorance

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well, I don't really like it, but it is the only kind of music they ever play at parties and clubs here.
    I'm starting to actually getting good at dancing it (I hope!)

13. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say I can't dance in Spanish but I'm not trying to violate EC rules.

14. Illus1

Re:grin:onde estan mis bailadores de salsa, bachata o merengue?? Dancers where are you?:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Good stuff WooEEE! The beat is so uplifting sometimes!

Ooooooh, How I wanted that when I was learning!, I was brought up in the Caribbean and I learnt with some kids from a social club where we competed for a prize (all friendly off course) anyway I liked it quite a bit but always was reserved my steps were on the dot but I never brought the full feeling into it my teacher said (well because I wanted to dance with a guy not a girl lol) so one day just kind off for fun we had this guys dance with guys and girl dance with girl lesson and well I think the guy I was dancing with might have gotten to know that I was into him(I took the session seriously haha). There is something about communicating through dance that brings out the true feelings in a person that we hide with words, it's like a truth mirror. If only there was less of a machismo culture where I lived....on the bright side they did just have a mini-version of their first ever gay pride parade :icon_wink

P.S. Tango was a two guys dance?! lol Maybe in those days being so close to a lady was considered improper... to be a fly on that wall :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: