1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Negative people make me so mad!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Yosia, May 3, 2014.

1. Yosia

There are so many people who are negative about everything!! My dad is one of them and so are lots of people i know >.< It just makes me soo mad how prople have to be negative about anything and everything!! Its so annoying~ i just wanted to rant somewhere :bang:

2. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm kinda on the other side of the fence: I'm a negative person and I absolutely can't stand it. I really want to be positive, but there are many days where I just can't (shakes angry fist at depression). However, I do believe it can get a little out of hand every now and then. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some people just can't stand positive thinking, what others fail to see is this doesn't mean that we are miserable.
    Sometimes through always being prepared for the worst case scenario and through not forcing ourselves to think positively (which in turn makes you sadder*), we are as happy as positive people.

*If I told you "don't think of a cow for 3 minutes"
    inevitably you would turn your thoughts into an object and analyze them in order to check if you thought of a cow, and thus you lose.
    So if someone tells a negative person "don't make negative thoughts"
    by always checking and analyzing one's own thoughts they become self-conscious of their negativity and thus feel sad.
    So the only way is to let negative people be negative and positive people be positive.

4. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

I used to be a very negative person. Once I transitioned, I found the negative outlook was largely gone. Since then I have come to realize that most of the negativity comes from inner struggle. I try not to take it personally any more. Of course I don't always succeed, but I try.

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was also once rather negative, but I've gotten over it for the most part. However, there's a difference between healthy realism (and therefore realising that you're screwed in some way), and being negative, one often used to stop just complaints.

Telling someone to snap out of negativity isn't going to work. You have to find out why they're negative and work on that, and often the reason that they're negative isn't really something that justifies it; call someone out on it, and they might slowly change their behaviour. But it's best to only do that when their negativity is unjustifyable.

6. PrincessEliza

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm feeling optimistic right now! Yay! Happy! I think that happiness is very annoying, and that's why most people are pessimistic..... Does this sound bipolar to you?

7. Lorn

I think it can go both ways, as I was told that not trusting people with explicit photos was being negative and mistrustful once. :eusa_doh:

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, same as not advertising both your expensive possessions and your vacation dates on Facebook.

8. Hexagon

Really? Excessive optimism pisses me off.

9. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My friend said that depressed people see the world for how it really is. I don't know about that. I mean, the world is rather bleak, but it's not hopeless... yet. Happiness is found from within. However, those who say money doesn't bring happiness... probably never had much. It certainly helps to pay for therapy.

Maybe what you meant to say was... people who overreact... annoy you. Some people do make a mountain out of a molehill. I am angered by people that are ALWAYS allergic to fun. I am also angered by people that don't try to help themselves, especially when given the chance. I find the excessively happy people are sometimes sad inside and haven't learned to balance it.

10. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, stop being so negative. :wink:

Know how it feels now?

11. Jonathan

The only thing to be optimistic about is pessimism. You're either right or pleasantly surprised :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. RainbowVomiter

well...i find there is a fine line between wanting ppl to be optimistic & being prejudice against ppl w/ mental disorders & traumas

of course, forcing other ppl to be negative is a jerk thing to do