1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding gay guys

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Darcher9696, May 3, 2014.

1. Darcher9696

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is there a real way of telling if someone is gay or not just by looking at the person? Like it seems like all of the guys I ask if they are gay aren't gay at stores and stuff. Like the people who work at Best Buy or Walmart, etc say they are all straight but I just wonder if there is really a way to tell if a guy is gay even if they don't have any pride stuff on. I heard that people are people so even if they don't act effeminate they could be gay but if that true? Since how would you find a gay guy at a store or so?

2. Darcher9696

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't goto the bar or pride stuff much so I wanted to know how you can tell if someone is gay just by going to a store like Walmart or Target, etc?

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Well, if somebody tells you that they are straight after you ask them, it is best to assume it is the case.

Not every gay guy is going to be effeminate. Chances are that you will find straight guys having effeminate characteristics. In short, every gay man has his own personality, bevahiour, etc...

It can be hard to figure out who is gay and who is not in a store. Why not try joining a LGBT social or support group? It might be worthwhile reconsidering? You'd be on much safer ground. :slight_smile:

4. IG88

Well asking someone if they're gay in a store, even if they were, could still get you an answer of no. They may be in the closet still, or closeted to some degree, don't want the boss knowing (who knows? The store might not have protections against firing someone for being gay).

I can sometimes tell if other guys are gay at school. One of the guys in my class has pink shoes, talks slightly higher voiced, and looks back at me often lol. Another crosses his legs, talks a little effeminate. Another wears a scarf and its pretty obvious. Also, gay men tend to have higher eyebrows and overall facial features, like perkier than straight men...its called gay face. Not everyone who's gay has this though.

I guess the only way to know is by interacting with these people. Try not asking them point blank if they're gay, but if you're at Best Buy for example, have them look at your phone for some reason or another, but have a gay app open on it when they unlock it :slight_smile:. It doesn't have to be a hookup app, but just judge their reaction.

5. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wait, are you saying that you just randomly ask people at stores if they're gay? Not something I'd recommend doing.

Anyway, there really is no way of knowing if someone is gay just by looking at them, unless it's really obvious.