1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't belong anywhere!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChromeNerd, May 4, 2014.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    The only group I can say I belong in is being female.

I don't really belong in Canada because my parents are immigrants.

I don't belong in the mainstream for obvious reasons.

I don't belong in the gay community because I don't know who the hell I am and I look too feminine. I'm also way too politically apathetic to have stuff in common with most gays.

I don't belong in the nerd community because I'm not into like Star Wars, gaming, science, math or computers.

I'm don't belong with the artsy hipsters because I'm just way too OCD and awkward.

Sometimes I just want to die. I'm just too scared of pain to kill myself.

2. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yea me too, probably not though, i'd just say i'm me, just as well as you are you.
    i'm "too gay" for guys to belong in being a guy
    i don't belong in america because my parents are immigrants as well, and am not a democrat nor republican because i believe in my constitutional rights and in the constitution.
    i don't belong in the gay community because i'm too honest and "masculine". i can't even have a conversation without them mentioning anything "hip" in the "mainstream" or any ideas. i was told that i wasn't one of the "pretty gays" and that i didn't belong.
    i don't belong in the nerd community because i don't like certain animes that are popular amongst them or certain cartoons or scientists or whatever the case may be.
    i don't belong with the metal community according to white supremacist and elites that like to dictates what's metal or not.
    you can't always make people happy, the best you can do is tell them to back off =)

3. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

But you belong in Empty Closets :wink:

4. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does anybody perfectly fit a community? I think you're underestimating how much the people within these communities vary.

Well, I'm not really a nerd, but I've never seen seen Star Wars. Also never seen Disney movies, for that matter. That's right, no Lion King or Bambi for me. One friend joked it was obvious. A less kind person yelled "YOU MUST HATE KIDS AND FUN."

Most people want to fit in somewhere. It's a human need to feel that one belongs.

I tried several groups before I found my place and accepted it. Sometimes I relate to people quite different than me. That was a shocker.

5. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Welcome to my life! :slight_smile:

But what FireSmoke said is also true. I might be dead now were it not for EC.

Hang in there, we're here for you. (*hug*)

6. Hey, I sort of know how you feel!

I am a shy, weird girl who has no friends and although I'm just an average teen, I don't curse nor am I interested in a lot of things other teens are interested in, so I feel like I don't even fit in with them. Then, although little kids are really nice, I can't talk with them about any teen issues, so I can't fit in with them.

Then, I have an interest in Japanese culture and I want to live and teach in Japan one day, but Japan isn't used to having people of other races there, so I don't fit in with them.

I can't fit in with my family, because although they take care of my physical needs, they are so different from me and they barely know who I am personally - And not to mention anti-gay as well.

I also feel like I don't fall in the gay community not in the straight community - Not to mention I am still unsure of my sexuality - And despite being 90% sure, the other 10% uncertainty bother me a lot.

So, yes, I know it's hard, not fitting in anywhere, but the truth is that number one, you aren't on this Earth to fit in, but to be you and fufill your purpose and treat others like you want to be treated. And number two, one day, you probably will find somewhere you fit! You are beautiful and I am very sure you are an incredible, kind person, and someone will have to notice how amazing of a girl you are sooner or later!! :slight_smile:

As for sexuality, you seem very stressed about labels and things, but please know that whether bi, gay, or straight - though I think you lean very strongly to the women - It won't make a difference in who you are~

If you need anymore help, please let me know, because I want to be here for you, okay?? Stay strong and remember that you have a friend in me(*hug*)

7. newfish

I don't fit into any community either. I think a lot of people feel that way - the thing is, not many can tell someone else doesn't fit in because they don't quite either.
    And please, form a support group. I'm sure everyone here will also be ready to support you. And if you ever want to die, I urge you to call a suicide hotline. I'm sure you've seen all that before, because I've been there, but I hope you think about it anyway.

8. Jethro702

Well we outliers have to stick together here on EC! If you ever need anything don't be afraid to come to us for advice :slight_smile:

9. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You belong here. We want you. :slight_smile:

10. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You don't belong in Canada because your parents are immigrants, even though you were born there? Ye of such little faith! I'm sure it's a very welcoming country, especially of natural-born citizens lol.

I don't think any committee has made the rules on fitting in with the gay community, so you're probably fine there.

Not a nerd? No problem! Lots of people aren't nerds. I just don't know many because I'm deeply ingrained myself XD.

And your specific mention of artsy/hipster types makes me believe you feel a little something for that group. If the only thing stopping you is awkwardness, well, how do you think people got to be hipsters to begin with? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Like anything else it's a subculture, and one which thrives on basically the anti-mainstream. A lot of that comes easily to somebody who never did well in the mainstream anyway. And artistic pursuits are for everybody. :slight_smile:

You'll find your niche. Nothing says you have to fit into a neat category for everything. Be you, pursue things you love and excel in and you will find happiness.

11. wolfxinxchains

I don't care about belonging. I just do me! I'd rather stick out than fit in!

12. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Can't really tell this from the sig, tho. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Jim1454

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Being 17 isn't fun for anyone really. Other people at school might look put together, but they are full of insecurities too. Most people feel 'different' when you're at a point in your life where you just want to fit in. This is true for almost everyone - only you (we) have one more thing about us that makes us 'different'.

In the end, you need to be YOU. So if you don't feel like you fit in, that's OK. I don't think anyone expects you to be a 'carbon copy' of them in order for them to like you or want to hang out with you. You can be a little political, or a little nerdish, a little outgoing... it's all good.

As for having imigrant parents in Canada, depending on where you live, there are LOTS of other people like you. We are a country of imigrants.

And as others have said, you fit in perfectly here at EC.

But if you want to talk more, please send me or another of the staff a private message.