1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outcast.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sincerely_Sage, May 5, 2014.

1. I don't know how to make friends. i'm awkward most of the time. Throughout school i kinda just fell into single friendships that i didn't necessarily care for but didn't say anything about it because to me at the time, thought it was better than having none.

but with that said I'm a loner I like being alone too. only because I've never met anyone that i could connect with or relate to. i'm always the "weird" different girl that people just ignore or gradually stop talking to. It makes me feel like i don't belong anywhere.

2. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's no trick to making friends. It's more about finding people you click with and have common interests with. For some of us that's harder than others. I myself don't have a lot of friends as I very rarely meet people who share my interests or will want to talk about the things I do.
    Try not to lose heart though. There will be people out there who you can be friends with. The key is to put yourself out there. Find an activity perhaps. One you like and find enjoyable. That way you are more likely to meet like minded people.

I hear many times people who say they don't feel like they have a place in this world. And I'll tell you now, to an extent, that's true. We don't just have a place. We have to make our place. It's no good sitting around and complaining you don't have friends, if your not willing to go out and find some and then make the effort to keep them.

Be strong, be out there and no doubt you'll make some friends.

Happy days :slight_smile:

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes it's easier to make friends as you get older as you have the potential to mix with different people and pursue activities of your own choice. I've certainly found that.

I think groups like this can be quite valuable too. We're all here for the same or similar reasons so we have a common interest, and for some, it's easier to be more open about their thoughts, feelings and ideas on a message forum. You have time to think and express yourself better and connect with people in a non-verbal way. If you find someone on here with even more common interests you may add them as a friend and talk through your wall or private messaging as a full member. From there you have the choice (if you wish) to develop a deeper friendship.

Don't lose hope.

4. hollybee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I like being alone too, there's just something nice about being by yourself.
    Perhaps it's that there is no pressure to make conversation because its just you...
    I don't know aha

5. CharlieChalk

Amen to that! I'm pretty much entirely the same!
    But I agree with what was said before. Sometimes it's just a little harder for others to find people who they click with.
    If you were to find your perfect friends... What interests would you all have in common? :slight_smile:

6. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Felt exactly this way through *so* much of school. And then in my Senior year of high school, I finally figured out how to just be myself, unapologetically...exactly what that meant to me. And all of a sudden, I didn't have to *make* friends...people (both boys and girls) were just *being* friendly with me, and I had all the potential companionship than I could ask for. I still didn't relate to those people...but it was nice to have their respect and feel their goodwill for once.

When I went to my 20 year reunion (with reservations), I was amazed to discover that my sense of being awkward and never fitting in was *not* how others had perceived or remembered me at all! It helped me to realize that *they* weren't isolating me...I was isolating myself, because *I* had a problem with me. Once that was resolved, I was able to feel the respect and goodwill that had been there all along.

The fact is, though, that you will find your genuine community in time. Rest assured that you do belong, and that there are others like you...not exactly like you, of course, but sufficiently like you that you'll feel a sense of kindred. They are probably just few and far between enough that it will take some time to identify them. Myself, I want to *surround* myself with kindred spirits, but there are never enough (probably best for the world, anyway :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). But I find enough to give me hope that humanity is not lost, and neither am I.

So my advice to you is not to own an "outcast" label. Nobody has cast you out. You simply haven't yet found your way in...or perhaps even a place you'd like to find your way into. And your best way there is to figure out who you are, appreciate that person for who she is, and *be* that person for all you're worth!

7. Thank you for taking the time out to reply. you're right i did do a lot of isolating myself as well. I surely try to work on my confidence and reach out.

---------- Post added 5th May 2014 at 08:48 PM ----------

It all depends really. the things I'm most interested in is art ex: drawings, digital art. sculptures, paintings etc... All types of music. techno, sound mixes on YouTube, house,trip hop, indie, jazz and rock the most.

i'm all about nutrition and working out and obsessing over celebrities lol. mostly female. outdoor things like camping, hiking, swimming. i'm a pretty spontaneous person though. however, laying on the couch or in bed all day watching reruns is fun too. :slight_smile:

I don't really do clubs. only if i'm in the mood. lounges, comedy shows are my thing and karaoke. don't get me wrong i still wanna go to Dinah Shore that looks way too fun to miss out on!