1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BA is crap.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GlindaRose, Aug 4, 2008.

1. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is official - BA does NOT stand for British Airways. It stands for Bloody Awful.

Of course I told my mum NOT to check our bags all the way through to Dubai, even though we had to catch 3 planes to get there. Why? Because I don't trust the system. But nope. She checks the bags all the way through anyway.

The result? When we arrive in Dubai, we get told that our bags didn't make the transfer. Hence they are stuck half across the world in England. And won't arrive until the next morning.

I was so pissed because my suitcase had my authentic signed photograph of Celine Dion in it. I worried about it the whole time until I got my suitcase back. It was framed in glass and I prayed it wasn't damaged. Which, thankfully, it wasn't.

Needless to say, I have no idea why my parents still insist on us using BA. Screw safety records, in my opinion the system is crap.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This BA pities the fool who trust the other BA.

[​IMG]

Lex

3. jazzrawr

Hahaha! Yeah, Air Canada is exactly the same.
    There aren't very many airlines that are really good XD
    Anywho, so you're back in Dubai? Dang. Once again with the huge time difference >.<

4. InaRut

Yea Air Canada is lame sauce, but at least it's not our only airline. And I thought this topic was going to be about Bachelor or Arts LOL. Uni mode activated much?
    You Win. hahahahahaha Awesome.

5. Bryan90

Yeah.. the same thing happened to my friend too... "Lost luggages". Seems to me that it happens pretty often with BA.. Well at least he got compensated with like 17 pounds.. LOL..

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    The guy that writes a famous blog for gay men which will remain unnamed (but Becky reads it everyday! lol) lost his luggage on Jet Blue. They wanted him to produce receipts for his clothes. Can you believe that? Who keeps receipts for all your clothes? Even if you did, how you going to remember when you bought them to find them. What a crock that is!

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I mainly fly Frontier. (Easy for me, as Denver is their hub.) Never had any problem with them, always really fun and polite. But I guess the proof is when things go wrong, and honestly, I've never had anything go wrong with them.

Lex

8. TyraBanksIsFierce

And they were mean to Naomi Campbell. >: (

9. Ty

Ty Guest

South African Airways was really good:slight_smile:

10. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :roflmao:

Jazz - yup, I'm back in sandyland. And tired. I didn't sleep *at all* last night, and I'm not exaggerating, I actually didn't sleep. My internal clock is screwed up. And I'm off to Italy tomorrow so my internal clock will be even more screwed up. Yippee.

11. i would have just cried.

really loudly, with plenty of sobbing.

just to prove a point.

lol.

12. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Did you go via Terminal 5 at Heathrow? They have had loads of baggage problems when it opened earlier this year, and I don't think the claims that it's sorted are completely true.

13. Kimi

:roflmao::roflmao:

Anyways, I never used British Airways but I was gonna when I go to England... Hmm, maybe I should change it to some other company.

I've been used Japan Airline and Northwest Airline and Delta Airline but never had a problem:slight_smile: I guess I'm a lucky one? Since every company is pretty lame anyways lol