1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends With Benefits

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by WhiteFox, Aug 4, 2008.

1. WhiteFox

WhiteFox Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Have you ever had a friendship like that? I did it for the first time wit my bi friend and although it was a little awkward at first it was overall good. I Think he was more awkward then me so I doubt well do it again but yea ever done somethin like that?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't. I'm not against the idea, necessarily, but both parties need to be REALLY sure they're comfortable with it, and need to be REALLY sure that they don't start falling for each other, and need to be REALLY cool if the friend suddenly gets a "real" boyfriend or girlfriend.

I never trusted myself to be all of that, so I never investigated the possibility.

Lex

3. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

Yeah i have had a couple non intimate relationships like that.

4. WhiteFox

WhiteFox Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I agree with you Lex and honestly I dont know if I fall into all of that either... Well we'll jus see what happens i guess

5. It was a one-time occurance, nothing big. Clothes stayed on and everything. But it was about as far as you can go with clothes on. That was before I knew I was bi, before I fell head-over-heels for, coincidentally, the girl I was humping. Isn't life funny like that?

Okay, it's happened a few times since then. But not with the same girl- she's got a boyfriend now.

I don't think it was a terrible thing to do, I mean obviously it was hard for me to deal with the fact that she's straight, especially when she went through a phase where she thought she was bi and told me. But if you really want to, just keep telling yourself to remember the situation you're in. I still to this day have to remind myself that there's no chance so it doesn't matter. That's the only way I can stay friends with this girl. And it's working out alright.

6. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I've never had a "friend with benefits" and don't think I ever will. I don't think that I could have a physical relationship that I didn't want to be involved with emotionally. I'm not against it in principle, as long as the arrangement and emotions are equal on each side, and both are singing from the same hymn-sheet and neither does actually want a full relationship, but I don't know how common this actually is.

7. -Michael-

I had one with this girl from school...

...then she found out i was gay...
    she was cool with it aha

8. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thats fucked up... Sex should be for people in love

9. -Michael-

lol^

I don't see the problem with it.

Sex is fun.
    Love doesn't need to be there to have fun :slight_smile:

10. I agree. Sex and love are separate entities to me. Lol speaking of which there's a girl I'd want to try this whole thing on. She's hot >.> lol

11. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

I have participated in such activities :slight_smile:

Let me just say, if both people are completely cool with the idea, there is endless amounts of fun to be had.

12. Tim

Tim

No I haven't, and no I never will. In fact, the idea of doing anything with my friends kind've grosses me out, maybe because I've gotten to know them? Though, that can't be a good sign for when I get into a relationship, eh? >_>

13. WhiteFox

WhiteFox Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    sorry maybe I should have cleared this up. We did not have sex, however clothes did come off and yea.. I dont want to get to deep into details sorry but i also believe that sex and love are different. sex is fun but is also associated with love so I can see where some would say it should stay to your lover.

14. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

It works from some people whether gay or straight.

15. ok455

I had a friend like that we started messing around in 7th grade i had this little dictionary computer thing and we used to write messages to each other and he said touch me here and i did and started from there. The last time we had sex was October of last year. Hes has a kid now and we don't talk anymore i liked the experience we wasn't attracted to each other we had sex and manage to still be friends. I wouldn't mind doing it again with someone else

16. grapevine fires

Yeah, I had some. It was weird, and I never want to do it again. I'm not against it, but I just... I need a relationship, I need to give love, and receive it.

17. Okay, I need to restate this. I wouldn't consider her exactly as a friend with benefits- well, I mean... UGH this is so confusing. She's not a "friendwithbenefits" as in all one phrase, she's like a "friend....with (occasional) benefits". It's not a common thing, it's a "let's get high on sugar and caffeine at a sleepover and hump each other" sort of thing. Does that make sense? I don't really think so, but oh well.

18. jazzrawr

Well, not exactly friends with benefits. But i've made out with friends, all in good fun.
    I'd probably be ok with it, if I felt like i needed to be with someone but i didn't want a relationship. I can see it happening.
    Just not yet. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Cause now i'd be more happy with a relationship, soo...
    maybe at some point :slight_smile:

19. Remember guys when discussing your opinions it's alright if you don't share the same opinion as someone else but remember to word your posts in a respectful manner so as not to offend other members. Otherwise we'll have to close the thread if people post disrespectfully.

20. agraves

My ex and I were still having sex after our relationship ended. I knew he wasn't over me so he thought it meant more than I did. To me, it was just sex...but to him it meant there was a chance we could get back together. Things didn't really work out but he and I are still friends. I think there's nothing wrong with it, but both parties need to be sure they can handle a purely physical relationship.