1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First gay Prime Minister.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tommy Price, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Tommy Price

Tommy Price Guest

I'm 19 years old. I have huge political ambitions. i am studying politics at Auckland Uni. I support the Labour Party (New Zealands current government). I'm straight acting, but openly gay. I'm handsome and responcible looking. Do you think in 25 year i could be ellected P.M?

2. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

probably not, but I would encourage you to be elected locally first...you never know! :slight_smile:

3. InaRut

Get more involved in politics and anything is possible.

4. Tommy Price

Tommy Price Guest

I guess you are both right but keep in mind our M.P govt is different from your American one.

5. jazzrawr

Well, if it's what you want, i think you should go for it. :slight_smile:
    Anything can happen.

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you want to become a PM then go for it. As InaRut mentioned, get more involved in politics. Try to get involved both at the local and state levels. The more contacts you make and the more people you get to know, the easier it will be to get a job within the government, say like as an assistant to an MP (which should be your first step). Learn the ropes as it were. From there, try to get elected as an MP, etc... If you keep at it, and believe in yourself, absolutely anything can happen. Go for it!!

7. Bryan90

25? Probably not... Lol.. You'd make the youngest P.M. I believe.. But if you really aspire to be one.. then there is no such thing as impossible..

8. Veridian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Absolutely! I totally believe you could be!! The world is changing, and I think that would be an excellent symbol to our world. I urge you to continue in your political ambitions. If that is your dream, don't let anyone tell you no. I love politics as well, and as a fellow commonwealther (I'm from Canada) you will do fine!

9. matt3208pc

Yay, politics, one of my few passions at school. Honestly i think if you try hard enough, get involved and are outspoken enough to be noticed by a party, you will have a chance. The only way to get to the top is to start at the bottom and work your way up. good luck.

10. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

Go for it! I'll vote for you lol!

11. dictionary

Well helen clark is a man and likes men dosent she?

Its good to see young people who have an intrest in politics i hate people who dont care in the slightist about politics...

12. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should start out small and work your way up. That's probably the best way to go about with something like that.

13. Tommy Price

Tommy Price Guest

Thanks for all the support so far. Great to here from a fellow Kiwi, Hidden Angel. And its fantastic to see so many young people who actually give a damn about politics.

14. Leigh

Leigh Guest

i dont know. i dont know anything about new zealand attitudes towards such issues. but i thnk you should go for it anyway.

15. EM68

I am not too sure that what the attitude is in NZ towards gays and lesbians. If they are open then maybe anything is possible. Also you never now what would happen 25 years from now. There is an openly gay congressman from my state. I am not too fond of his politics because he is ultra liberal. I lean a little bit to the right. Good luck!

16. Bryan90

Oh.. And I found out that David Lange became the youngest PM at the age of 42. So I guess I was mistaken and you wouldn't be the youngest PM at 44 lol.

Try shortening your goal to 20 years. :icon_wink