1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having a really bad day..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Notsoshure, May 7, 2014.

1. Notsoshure

I tried to talk to my friends today about my sexuality, and the started joking and laughing. And whenever i used the word 'sexuality' they were like "We should use another word for that, that word makes me uncomfortable".
    they also, actually, believed i was lesbian, not bisexual. I tried to explain that there is in fact a difference between those two, but they didn`t seem to listen. They actually started talking about how i fit the stereotypes. "Yeah, you cut your hair short, and you don`t dress that girly." and i tried to tell them i didn`t cut my hair short because of my sexuality, but still they looked at me like i was a liar. And THEN they desided to ask questions. "How did you know?" "Did you have a crush on someone?" "How does it feel like to be gay?" And i kinda ignored the questions and was on tumblr and showed them some funny posts. Then one of them actually commented "You know, it isn`t fun when you just sit there scrolling trough tumblr." "Well, it isn`t fun when you guys ask questions like that."

And ofcourse the rest of the day doesn`t go that well either. Guess who decided to show up 1-2 weeks early? My period, of all things.

Right now i am trying to draw something for an assignment, but i am so frustrated i just started to cry because i just can`t draw what i want, and everyone expects me to finish it so fast like drawing isn`t a big deal if you`re a "good artist".

sorry, i needed to rant a bit. Anyone else that has a bad day?

2. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Yea!! But not as bad as you had!!
    I'm so sorry for that!!
    And I'm sorry to say that (actually not) but your "friends" really do suck a lot!!!!
    God. Why the hell are there soooo stupid people out there??? Why??!!!!
    I want to hug you!!! So feel hugged(*hug*)

3. Notsoshure

Thank you! (*hug*)
    My friends really do suck. I just have a few months left before we will go to separate school and i can just break contact with them.
    I jst don`t get how they think about themselves all the time. they want ME to notice when they are sad, but when i`m sad? no. They don`t pick up on such things and try to cheer me up, often they just make it even worse.
    At least i have a few good friends and some wonderful friends online that help me. :slight_smile:
    This also made me more insecure about talking about my sexuality with people, because i am afraid to get the same reaction, and that sucks. :confused:

4. MDNA

Out Status:
    A few people
    Have an ice cream or chocolate!! <3

Enjoy this cute dog video-
    [YOUTUBE]7SzwwXAPLAM[/YOUTUBE]

5. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sorry you had to put up with that. (*hug*)

6. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    that sucks.
    1) *hugs*(*hug*)
    2) if they aren't willing to have a serious conversation about it, then you can probably look elsewhere that someone is willing to do the same
    3) everyone has one of those =( it'll get better eventually. when you're having a bad day, try looking at the good that comes out of it

7. Bettykins

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :frowning2: Wow. Well, in defence of your friends, no matter where you go; you'll always find that people have that instinct to rely on heuristics and stereotypes and they seem to believe that when you behave like an individual (HOW DARE YOU!) that you're some sort of problem. Well, find the friends who don't do this - they are precious diamonds indeed, but they DO exist. I have three or four; who think that you are precious in of yourself. These are also going to be the friends who know, through intuition (without you even telling them!) that something's wrong and they'll be there to cheer you on. You will find these friends in time that'll do this for you; because I did. I think a big part of the problem may be that they don't understand sexuality at all. But remember - you are not responsible, in any way, to educate them. You're not their teacher, not their parent, and if they're ignorant to sexuality that is NOT your problem. Yes, what they say hurts your feelings. I know it does. But remember that it's their ignorance, not yours - and it's THEIR prerogative to learn better. I hope you meet a better class of friends soon! :slight_smile: