1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do Bisexuals favour a gender?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tommy Price, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Tommy Price

Tommy Price Guest

I am gay. I only like men. I started feeling this way around the age of 13. Before then i never thought about girls or guys in that way. My question is do Bisexuals favour one gender?

2. Some do. I identify as bisexual even though I like girls waaaay more than guys. It depends on the person.

3. Alexander

Most people "favor" one gender, while not being exclusively homosexual or heterosexual.

4. NathanHaleFan

It's all a continuum: everybody is different. Few bisexuals fit exactly in the center, but there are people.

5. jazzrawr

Some bisexual people fall for the person, not the gender, and some favour a gender, and some are right in the middle. It all depends on the person. You can't say they do and you can't say they don't, because there are so many different shades of sexuality that you can't confine bisexuals to one thing. :slight_smile:

6. Brendon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would think that a lot of bisexuals would favor a gender, though I just seems to fit into the middle, cause I can't decide on which I favor more, they seem to be equally desirable to me.

7. I don't really favor one gender over the other, but there are many bisexuals who do. Indeed I believe it's more common to favor than to not.

8. WhiteFox

WhiteFox Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It changes for me, Right now it would be guys because Ive never really had a guy relationship before

9. the ry guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've only been with one girl, and i'm currently in a relationship now with this really awesome guy (my bf rocks:king:slight_smile: so I'd have say i'm somewhere in the middle. although i have found its easier for me to talk to guys than girls so i don't know :icon_conf

10. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some are completely neutral, some have a preference, and some are just in denial that they're homosexual.

11. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would think that bisexuals do favor one gender over the other. I think it's impossible to like them both exactly even. But I wouldn't know for sure, I'm not bisexual.

12. Steam Giant

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. It's rare to find a bisexual who likes both genders equally. Most bisexuals tend to favor one gender more than the other.

There is a theory that I find rather interesting, which states that everyone is bisexual, it's just that most people lean so far in one direction, they've barely got their foot in the other pool...but it's still in there. Most heterosexuals anonymously admit to having feelings for the same gender, and most people I've asked here, who identify as homosexual, have had feelings for the opposite sex at some point. Like I said, an interesting theory, and may just be plausible, in the very least, with the allowance that most people are bisexual instead of everyone.

13. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I think that it's a continuum - there will be a few who are equally attracted to both sexes, but I think a lot of people prefer one or the other.

I prefer women - but when I say this, I don't actually mean prefer, I mean that statistically, I've liked more women than men, not that the intensity of liking them has been any different. An important difference. I seem to have fallen in love with more women than men in my life, but the depth to which I have fallen in love is the same for both sexes.

So even though overall I may seem to have a preference for women, when I am in love with a man all I want in the entire world is to be with him.

It can change over time too I think - so, if say I'm in love with a man for 10 years, then for that period of time I'm straight, and you could say I prefer men. But then if I start liking women it could change for that period of time.

For myself, at any one time I am only gay or straight, never both - so to be able to say whether I prefer one or the other requires me to look at my whole life.

And I won't actually know the true answer to that until the day I die I suppose.

14. Ronnie92

I totally agree with you and feel the same way

15. Nick

According to people's opinions, quizzes and the usual topic of discussion with the two friends who know... they all conclude that I prefer guys.

16. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

It depends on the person some really like both the same, I myself lean towards guys, but thats just me.

17. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

whatever im into at the time is what im into.

18. Trumpetplyer23

It is very very rare to find a bisexual who is attracted to both genders equally. It happens, but it's not as common as someone being unevenly bisexual.

Personally, I think I lean towards girls more, but I've been in more relationships with guys.

19. rosiejuly3

Most of us bi ppls like one more then the other, but there are some that have equal feelings for both genders.

20. gastro08

gastro08 Guest

I can't speak for all bisexual people but I know that I favor girls more as of now and the only guy I ever thought about being with is my boyfriend, but he started off bi and now he's full on gay... so I believe that being bi is the time where your questioning what you want, once you can compare a girl to a guy, one day you can choose which you like and whether your gay or straight... thats what I think about it.. :grin: hope it helps :grin: