1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talking about attractive people

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChromeNerd, May 7, 2014.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    It seems like a lot of people can talk about who they find attractive without feeling self conscious. Especially straight people. I can't do that with any gender. I just don't want other people to know my sexuality before I do.

2. newfish

Yeah. I always feel uncomfortable if another guy mentions a hot girl, because the only times this has happened was when I still in the closet. I didn't think I'd ever become comfortable with it, even talking about guys, but I've found I'm pretty much fine with talking to straight girls and gay guys about attractive guys (still a little unsure because I'm not very out, if that makes sense).

3. Chess

Chess Guest

Aussie, I think you misread the title ^_^

4. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fuck, so I did. Woops. Thanks for giving me a heads up. :lol:

--

I find it uncomfortable, too. It's awkard telling people who you want to have your junk inside/have their junk inside you. It's a pretty personal topic, and although I don't mind mentioning I find someone attractive, I don't like saying something like "I like their butt" or that I want to have sex with them.

#4 Aussie792, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
  5. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I respect that which is earned, people don't really earn their looks. Unless your talking about getting a "fit body" which is earned, then there is no real reason to respect someone for their looks. Hence I never really want to talk about it. A lot of attractive people let it go to their head and are unbearable. Especially when you go on dating websites :\

6. Camerooon

I find it uncomfortable when straight guys ask my opinion about girls (when they don't know I'm gay). I also find it a little uncomfortable, albeit to a lesser extent, when people ask my opinion on guys, even if they do know I'm gay.

I think just covering up for so long has made me awkward about it. To the people that do know, I'm beginning to open up a little, but I still always have a nervous/awkward laugh when I discuss attraction.

7. newfish

^This

8. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always accepted who I was, although I didn't know the right labels. I have no problems whatsoever talking about attractive girls / boys. Although when the person who asks me is not a friend of mine. :icon_bigg

9. Cass

I'm okay with it
    But only with friends
    Strangers don't need to know

10. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Yeah, it's always felt pretty awkward for me to talk about in a "serious" manner. I can't really relate to the type who are so casual about sharing little pearls with you like, "I swear, that chick makes me soooo hard!" or "I just die at the thought of banging him!" :rolle: 99% of the time, by the time they're at this point of verbal ejaculation, they're attraction is already so screamingly obvious as to render any verbalization of it an anticlimax. "Don't say it, don't say it" is what I admonish them in my head. Of course, they inevitably have to say it, and I'm like :dry:.

The only way I can really verbalize my attraction is to be cute or coy about it. ("Yes, the scenery around here does fall happily on the retinas", or "Now there's someone with a lot of talent", et al.) Only then does it seem like something even worth giving voice to. (Although maybe others would still disagree. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

11. newfish

Yes! I've never come across something quite that sexual, but it's just awkward when someone's like "That girl on the other team was so hot!" And I'm like, uh, great, I was more focused on the competition than the other team captain.