1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things People Actually Ask a Gay Guy Who Just Came Out

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by justjade, May 7, 2014.

1. justjade

Hey, guys. This is kind of serious and kind of funny. I know these questions have been asked to most if not all of you. I think some of this can be adapted for trans* folks, too. It upsets me how creatively ignorant people can be. :dry:

Anyway, feel free to share this with your friends. Enjoy.

19 Questions People Actually Ask Gay Guys Who Just Came Out

2. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was distracted by the horrendous counting

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of the comment i hated most is when a girl asked me "oh how can you be gay cause you don't act gay". So stereotypical and stupid and I just said well I hid it very well and and whatever.

4. Derivative

Derivative Guest

"How can you know if you haven't slept with a guy?". Kind of funny since this question would also apply to them if they are heterosexual males (assuming they haven't slept with a guy that is...) :badgrin:

5. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would laugh but... egh... just. Not. Cool.

I left a site years ago because there was only 1 gay transguy and the other guys were friggin' jerks to him and when I wasn't they tried to "protect" me from his gay-ray-gun *cue dramatic hand waving.* Poor guy left and so did I after telling the lot of 'em what homophobic jerks they were. :tantrum:

6. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

Pretty funny& true!

7. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got asked, "So who abused you?" :evil: I just like girls. :dry: :angry: I didn't get abused.

8. AlamoCity

Same :lol:.

I've gotten a couple

4. Are you, like, attracted to me now?
    My friend asked me, seriously, if I was attracted to him. He said, "you can be honest, did you ever have a crush on me?" I simply told him "no;" the real answer was "hell no," but I sugar coated it.

15. How do you know you don’t like women if you’ve never been with one?
    If they ask this, it's easy to turn the tables and tell them, "Don't knock it till you try it." :roflmao:

9. justjade

Man, that sucks. I don't see why people feel the need to be dickheads like that.

---------- Post added 8th May 2014 at 09:36 AM ----------

Oh my god, seriously? :eek:

Man, people suck. I've heard this before. Some people think that being gay is a product of childhood sexual abuse, and that if said gay person confronts it, they can "get better". I don't understand because that is simply not true. I know a girl who was sexually abused by her father when she was a child, and she's married to a man (well, he's more of a 20-some-year-old boy) and has a daughter. Her past hasn't stopped her from being with men.

10. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You got that question?? How ridiculous!

Anyway, some of them were quite funny, that is, funny that some can be so ignorant. You know, I can only laugh about such sad questions.

11. justjade

When people find out I'm transgender, it's pretty common for them to ask me if I'm the man or the woman in the relationship or if it's really because I'm actually attracted to women. The answer to both queries are, respectively: No, and no.

12. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some are so ignorant, it's almost unbelievable. You're trans because you're attracted to women, really? :roflmao: Quite sad that some think like that. And to those persons you're trying to explain why they are wrong..

Sometimes it's better to give up. :lol:

13. justjade

I know, because evidently that makes it "right". Yeah, everyone who's gay should change their sex for the sake of being straight, and everyone who's trans should seek someone of the opposite gender. I hate how some people are so obsessed with things being "right", and by so-called right, I mean straight.

14. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They don't understand bisexuality, they don't understand gay people, nor do they understand lesbians.. So my best guess is that they don't understand transgenders at all. In fact, they only understand straight people, not all, only those who are "right" in their point of view. You're right, they want everything to be "right" (straight).. Their point of view is so limited and they have no clue what they are talking about (why do you choose to be gay - seriously?). At least some know so much more about it.. (*hug*)

15. PurpleGrey

My own mother asked me if I would ever run off and have a threesome. I said I am strictly monogamous, dammit!

16. justjade

I know, right? It's like everyone who's LGBT is some kind of sexually uninhibited party animal or something. :dry:

---------- Post added 8th May 2014 at 10:05 AM ----------

I hear ya. Education on LGBT issues is seriously lacking. Like, I had a friend of mine watch the video for "All-American Boy" by Steve Grand, and he said, "I wonder if a girl has sang this song to make it right." He also refers to it as "All-American Girl" when he talks about it, and I'm just like, "Dude, no one's going to immediately assume that a song called 'All-American Boy' is performed by a guy. Just be cool." So fucking weird.

17. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some desperately want to change everything they find weird, it's ridiculous really. Some say dumb things about LGBT-issues, but when you try to explain it, they won't even listen. Happened to me a few times. :frowning2: Almost like they WANT to remain ignorant.

My own mother asked me if I would ever run off and have a threesome. I said I am strictly monogamous, dammit!

Like serious :dry: I haven't heard that one so far (at least not to me) :icon_bigg

18. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've heard most of them, but I've also heard far worse. The most extreme and offensive comments/questions have come from straight men obsessing about the finer details of my sex life, specifically anal sex. I'll not post them here, but you can probably imagine.

19. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was asked a similar question too, along with most of the questions on the link. I just have always liked girls in general and not guys. (sexually I mean, because there's a lot of guys I like as friends) Nobody caused this, except maybe genetics or God.

The question #4, about are you attracted to me now was funny, because I didn't have a good sarcastic answer at the time like that link said. I just told her no, and she got all huffy and said, "Why not? What's wrong with me? Am I not good enough for you?" :dry:

20. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry but that's kinda funny. :lol: As if she wanted you to be attracted to her!