1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ruminating on the past.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pane123, May 8, 2014.

1. pane123

pane123 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I keep thinking what could I have done to avoid getting bullied in the past, anyone the same?

2. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes I think of this, but I never really arrive at anything.

All I can think of is maybe if I'd gone too a liberal, private school for the arts, like Interlochen, in Michigan? Or maybe a Quaker school? Still, I imagine some form of bulying might still have happened.

3. GreenMan

GreenMan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    What have you come up with?

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes.

Do you know the simpsons episode with the stone cutters? They sing their own song about their power.

Well my friends and I changed the words and used to sing it at secondary school.

"Whose the best at history. Science, maths, geography! WE ARE! WE ARE!"

We did this a lot. We wrote a musical about an apple with breast cancer. All our drama projects ended with mass suicide. We wore black nail varnish. We deliberately avoided trying in PE but tried really hard in everything else.

There are lots of things we did that I can say, fair enough, that probably didn't help. But you know what...I would't do it differently if I could go back, because those stupid things were basically the few happy memories I have of that time. All the things that got me bullied that I could have done something about were things that made my friends and I happy...why would I want to change that?