1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How would you handle this?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kylegf2011, May 8, 2014.

1. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Imagine there´s a guy you hooked up with and you liked alot, but then you lost interest in him, but he, apparently, is still into you. You don´t see him anymore, but he texts you now and then, wishing you a nice day, or asking when you guys will see each other again.

How would you handle it? Would you answer him? or would you just ignore his texts until he gets it? would you tell him you´re not interested in him anymore? or would you keep talking to him normally? what would you do?

2. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i'd say answer him. if you're not interested anymore, you might as well lay it down on him. as much as you don't want to hurt his feelings, he could be with someone else better suited for him. it's up to you really. if you feel that you could gain back some interest in him, then by all means keep talking.

3. Cass

I have an ex like that. He's convince I'll get back with him even though I already told him no. Be honest, maybe you two could still be friends

4. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm in the same boat as you. Sort of.

A guy I hooked up with fell head over heels in love with me, and keeps hinting at us getting together. But I lost interest in him, so there's no reason for me to date him. He's a friend to me, and that's it.

I chat to him normally but I've also made it clear that I'm not interested in him romantically. And he's cool with it.

So I think you should be upfront and honest with this guy. Tell him that you're not interested in persuing a romantic relationship with him. Ignoring him or leading him on are both terrible things to do in my opinion, because both would lead to him getting hurt. It won't hurt as much if you are just honest with him so that he knows where he stands. Hope this helps. Good luck! :thumbsup:

5. zygnomic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Similar to what people have said above. Answer him for sure just cause it is the nice thing to do but also he could be a good friend one day, if not now. I would definitely lay down how you feel about him, let him know you're not interested but you want to keep friends or whatever

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, if you're not interested in him, you're not interested in him.

You kinda just have to let him down. Which sucks, right? Whether we like to admit it or not, casual sex does have ethical difficulties we have to grapple with.

7. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Did you actually tell him you're not interested?

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As hard as it is, I think authenticity is important. Think about yourself in the reverse circumstances... wouldn't you want to know the other person isn't interested so you can work on finding someone else?

9. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a similar situation. Depends on whether you still want to be friends with him. If you do, then explain to him that you aren't interested and that you just want to be friends. Just be up front with him.

10. Riddick

Riddick Guest

I wouldn't lead them on any further. If it were me, konowing what I do, I wouldn't leave any friendship on a bad note. I'd definitely continue to acknowledge his texts, confirming with him how I felt and keep him as a friend.

11. Iowan1976

I would let him down. I would probably just say that I like his friendship...which is not a lie...I enjoy the friendship of most people, and if he would like to continue a friendship, I am more then happy to have that. If he gets upset and angry, then I would probably walk away because I do not deal well with people that are angry, I tend to shut down.

12. Weekender

If you know that he's still into you, definitely let him know you don't feel the same.