1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[More] Mcdonalds Boycott? [Information]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by InaRut, Aug 5, 2008.

1. InaRut

So I was watching the daily show quite recently and a segment came up on how apparently the American Family Association is going to boycott McDonalds for not remaining neutral in the war of culture. Or however they phrased it so delicately.

Anyone got some imformation on this ridiculousness?

2. Alexander

Here's some info from a VERY conservative site. Same point of view as the AFA though.
    These are the kind of people who feel the need to always quote the word gay. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/?pageId=60168

3. InaRut

God, this kind of stuff really makes me mad. But I guess bad for them since now they can't enjoy a big mac or walmart prices. And considering some of the obese people in the states their boycott might be easier said then done.

:slight_smile: I'm so happy I live in Canada.

4. Blue0090

Blue0090 Guest

I'm not really a fan of these boycotts. Like what the hell, its not like it would hurt McDondalds if they stop eating there. Crap...im hungry now.

5. InaRut

Well if enough hics stop ordering their breakfast, lunch and supper big mac...maybe

6. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    And I'm ashamed to live in the South. "Agendas" and "lifestyles", pissy Christian groups, and an uproar over someone joining a board of directors. I've been unintentionally boycotting McDonalds for a long time now, more for their disgusting food than anything, but this is just sad.

7. Grof142007

wow that has restore my faith in Macy D's I havent been eating there since they changed there size of there Mac Value fries that was like 4 months ago( Yea i got 4months of no Mac D's) But seeing that make me want to start eating there again. So Yay i get to eat there again but no burgers that just Yuck(fatty) so salads fries( I just cant resist) and ice cream that pretty much it

8. Trumpetplyer23

I eat at Macdo every once and a while. It's not like, every week or everyday, but it's a nice little treat.

I prefer BK or Wendy's though.

But if a few people boy-cott it, more people will eat there. Just to prove 'em wrong.

9. Bryan90

They have a whole website on this! www.boycottmcdonalds.com

Usually I'd stay pretty neutral on this, with the "everybody has their rights to express their opinions and all". But today, I am in a horrible mood because something is wrong with my computer... so here goes.

BLOODY HELL, you might as well boycott IBM as well since they are our HUGE ally. And IBM's money come from partners like CISCO, Microsoft and Intel, so boycott them as well! Don't let me see you using any intel-chipped computers, you hypocrites!! And boycott technology as well, since all technological companies are somehow linked and many of them are lgbt allies. So go live in the jungle, be fruitful and multiply among yourselves.. And when you give birth to a lgbt-identified infants, send them over since we'd be more than willing to care for them in the harmonious society we'd be living in with you people in the jungle!!

*Sigh* I feel a lot beter... hopefully that does not affect my calm and rational image. lol.

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you want to boycott McDonald's, do it for the right reason - because the food is awful for you, and there's gotta be a better place to eat within a block or two.

Lex

11. Hoppip

I boycott McDonalds for the sake of my own beliefs.

Hey, in my opinion, they have a right to boycott. They're hurting the companies, but they have a right not to buy something. Nothing obligates them to buy at those companies. It's the same if we were to boycott LBGT unfriendly businesses.

In my opinion though, it's just a lot of work for them with little outcome.

(But then again, McDonalds does like to appeal to its customers with whatever means necessary. Yikes.)

12. InaRut

And what a crappy website it is. Everyone on EC should donate 0 dollars to them :slight_smile: hahaha

13. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Even better is the comments section. I LOVE reading the comments on sites like this, it always gives me a good laugh.

Friendliness to minorities: dangerous for families, especially if they have kids!

My personal agenda - wake up, survive the day, go back to sleep.

And my personal favorite:
    [​IMG]

14. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I saw this a couple weeks ago on my favorite blog for gay men. It was funny because there was a video of a protest and it said "tens and tens showed up". There were about twenty people there. :grin:

15. BreakingGlass

This Christian woman I work with was talking about not going there anymore. I asked her why and she said it's because they support homosexuals. The woman sitting if front of her said "That's a fucking stupid reason to stop eating somewhere. They're trying to help people." The woman's jaw dropped!!!

It's so stupid, they can contribute to obesity but not to a minority?

16. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That would have been a good time to look her in the eye and say "I'm a homosexual". They are supporting me. The person you work beside everyday and probably consider a friend!

17. BreakingGlass

I totally would've Becky, but I work for a Church Directory company. :dry: Although my bosses daughter is gay too.

18. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just for fun, I went with McDonalds for dinner tonight. I'm typing with one hand and eating a McNugget with the other.

19. WTF?

Argh!!!!!

Let's all go to this page (http://www.boycottmcdonalds.com/comments.aspx) and flood them with positive comments!

#19 xballetxbeautyx, Aug 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2008
  20. hoping

I was thinking of commenting on their page this message'' you know i love to start my day with a big juicey chesse covred maccas burger, then i go back home and have hot sweaty sex with my boyfriend and you know, there is nothing better than a good lunch at maccas and a hot guy in your bed, also i have to say its surprising, my boyfriend and i think how simalar each others dick tastes to maccas nuggets''