1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Truman show?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chuck, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Chuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Does anyone else ever feel like they’re living life in some kind of Truman show? As I said in a post last week, I’d been trying to convince myself for a long time that I wasn’t actually attracted to guys, and finally a short while ago I got to that “Why am I doing this to myself?” stage - pity I was so successful at keeping myself from reaching that stage years ago, but there’s not much I can do about that now, so I digress…

Since that time I swear I have been finding signs all over the place telling me to come out; Lyrics in the songs I’m listening to (‘These walls can’t be my haven, these walls can’t keep me safe here, and now I guess I’ve got to let them down’ ‘So now you finally know that you control where you go, you can steer’),and then this morning I hear that the breakfast radio program I listen to is having an “I’m gay day” next Friday in response to an Australian singer who recently outed himself. Talk about the cosmos trying to tell you something! It just makes me laugh :lol: So I was thinking, does anyone else ever have these moments where it seems like the world is trying to tell you something? I guess its probably our subconscious mind looking for excuses to do/say what we really feel.

2. Blamblazer

Blamblazer Guest

My life is full of examples of where God uses the world around me to speak to what I should be doing. I'm still in full force preparing to come out to my family because everywhere I've turned for the last three weeks now, I'm being told to come out. Throughout my life, these kinds of things have happened where near everything around me screamed for me to do something and didn't stop until I complied.

3. dfgnan21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have thought about what if I was Truman and everyone is watching. Some days I think it'd be the most boring show ever haha. But some days are really busy and interesting and my friends and I are like "wow, our lives are more interesting than a movie" so yeah i totally get what you're sayin.

4. Bader

Bader Guest

ya sometimes i feel like that, like there's a higher power trying to guide us in a not forward-like way.

5. Casey17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I definitely feel like that, a lot.