1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a right thing to do?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gazza12, May 9, 2014.

1. gazza12

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have a crush om my American cousin, and i think he is straight. Is it a good idea to say to him that i have a crush on him? Is it as easy to kiss a straight boy like in the film Oranges from 2004, this film has a scene when the two boys admit they have never had a girlfriend and then they kiss. Is it this easy? Please reply As Soon As Possible!

He`s not really family, just friends, we call ourselves cousins but is it still wrong to do what i mentioned already? :icon_redf

2. King

Yes it is wrong because he is straight and he is a relative.

Kissing him may ruin your friendship, so if you value it you should avoid such behaviour.

3. Niko

I think what he's saying is he isn't really a relative. It's kind of like if I call a friend brother, he's not really my brother just a close friend? ...I think....and I hope that's what he means.

If he is in fact blood related then yes that is wrong, and don't make a move on him. It could ruin whatever relationship you have now with him.

If he's just a friend, which I sure hope he is, and you're not certain on his sexuality ask him in a roundabout way. Don't just go up to his face and say "Are you Gay?", ask if he has a girlfriend or what he thought of gay people. And from there maybe just maybe, depending on what he says you can say you have a crush on him. But you must be careful, because there's a chance you can damage your friendship here as well.

4. gazza12

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    How can it be wrong when lots of my friends do it! And besides i saw him and his REAL cousin sleeping in each others arms when we had a sleepover! tell me thats not wrong!

5. Niko

Look as long as he's not blood related it's completely fine. It is frowned upon though if people that are blood related get together, just saying. :shrug:

6. Riddick

Riddick Guest

Hmm, him and his cousin where in each others arms huh. Looks like that's where you would have liked to be (sleeping in his arms).
    Aaah, the straight crush, what a tragedy. It always ends up the same way... A ruined relationship and that's the harsh truth. Oh, don't get me wrong some people have it good but, ahem, that's all a fairy tale isn't it? (Yup, like in that movie of yours)

Look, everyone who has had a straight crush goes through the following and it goes like this...
    -i know his straight but...
    -maybe if I tell him I like him, he will too

You get so obsessed with him that you even start making up stuff in your head about how he looked into your eyes just a little longer than usual or "slept in another guys arms."(Not that you made that up or anything but, you'd be surprised what a little infatuation would do.)

Point is, in your infatuation you won't want to recognise that there is a greater risk of things in your relationship, going south.
    When I was younger I didn't know that there was this unspoken guy code where in high school or late middle school, how a guy just never "directly" told a girl that he liked her... But rather indirectly did so (you know avoiding rejection and all). Anyway, the point is, in this situation of yours. There is an unspoken code too... You just don't "directly" tell your "straight crush" you have a crush on 'em.

Its better to do things indirectly, like what others have been suggesting. I would suggest a weird and awkward question like, "have you ever had a crush on a guy?" That way if he asks me the same question in return, (in all my infatuated brevity) I'd reply telling him he was the one I had a crush on.

I had a straight crush (not that I even had a concrete sexuality back then), something happened between us and nope, I never said anything along the lines of having a crush on him. Nevertheless even though we are still friends now, our friendship will never be the same.
    Just know that having that relationship you now have with your cousin, is better than not having one at all or having one that is not what it quite used to be.
    Good luck on your straight crush sitch... Would like to know its ending.

#6 Riddick, May 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2014