1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dance?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by literalmerida, May 9, 2014.

1. literalmerida

My school dance is ridiculous this year. Its one of those, "OH HEY LOOK AT ALL THIS EXTRA MONEY WE FOUND LETS SPEND IT ON A DANCE INSTEAD OF SOMETHING USEFUL" so its all snazzy and shit. Where I live is generally accepting? No one is TOO homophobic??? If thats even a thing???????
    This dance is important to me, because its on the last day of the school year, and I'm going to a new school and all that whatever. But the guidelines are gross.
    "Everyone is permitted to attend, excluding those who:
    - Have less than a 2.75 GPA
    - Are not in Grade 8
    - Come with a date that is of the same gender/gender identity. (Anyone who attends with someone of the same sex/gender will be asked to leave.)"

???????????????????? why
    i tried talking to my counselor about it but???????????? they said it wasnt their job???? what the fuck!?

2. PurpleGrey

I find it highly unfair to put any restrictions on who can and cannot attend! It's also bad for the school, seeing as strict prerequisites limit ticket sales.

Also, I don't know how the whole ticket thing works. Do you have to buy and arrive as a couple or what? Hell, I would just buy separately and arrive separately, and then meet inside and dance. And get thrown out for dancing with a girl...

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "This other girl and I are going as friends." Who the f*** are they to dictate whom you dance with? My high school was in a somewhat conservative area, and the only rule about guests was "nobody 21+." We had same-sex dance partners and it wasn't even considered as an issue.