1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you accepted yourself?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MyLittleWorld, May 10, 2014.

1. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Or when/how did you "came out to yourself" ? What made you accept yourself and love yourself for who you are?

2. Ravi-VIXX777

By stumbling upon the quote, "God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers". Who am I, or anybody to say that being gay is a curse? No one knows the outcome and no one ever will.

3. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had no problem with it whatsoever. I just couldn't figure out who I was, but accepting myself has never been a problem for me.

4. wolf of fire

Looking through photos on Facebook that were pro-LGBT before that I had a pretend it did not exist policy in my head

5. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Thanks to androgynous models and also the way in which the fashion system loves androgyny and Mika.

6. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Honestly, sheer exhaustion. :lol: Just got tired of flagellating myself nonstop. A little later is when came the realization that there was genuinely nothing wrong with my sexual/identity feelings. (Finding EC really helped.)

7. awesomeness

I don't think I ever went through a denial phase. I just thought "ok, guess I'm gay".

8. MDNA

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm i think it was gradual :slight_smile:
    I realised that you cannot live for everyone else. And those who love you will take happiness in your happiness :slight_smile:

9. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exhaustion. I simply couldn't fight against reality anymore. I think that feeling that I wasn't giving others what they needed bc of damaging myself emotionally forced my hand.

I accept myself but I don't know that I love myself, not bc of my gender but just bc I feel flawed in other ways.

10. Higs

At first I was in denial but deep down I knew who I was. My denial phase finished when I just... stopped caring I guess. Life got complicated enough without me trying to complicate it even more so I accepted, stopped pretending, came out and moved on.

11. newfish

I didn't have a problem with it, there was just a while where I didn't know if I was gay. After figuring that out, I was fine with it - the bigger problem was that I didn't know how I could've thought for years I was straight before suddenly only liking guys.

12. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just had to work things out in my head. I had to explore and reflect on my feelings about things to be sure that's how I felt. Once I came to the conclusion, I decided there was no point denying it or hiding from it so I just accepted it and carried on with my life.

Happy days :slight_smile:

13. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I grew tired of not listening to what my heart was saying vs my mind. I just wasn't meant to be straight so instead of running from it, I embraced it.

14. Best of Both

Best of Both Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm always happy with myself and I never denied who I was

15. QueerQueen

When my feelings for the same sex weren't going away, and I never felt that spark with any of my relationships with men.. that I wasn't going to change

#15 QueerQueen, May 10, 2014
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
  16. anniebunnie

anniebunnie Guest

I've always been okay with it. I knew there was nothing wrong with me being who I am..the hard part for me is getting other people to accept it.

17. Niko

I was 19 when I found out I was transgender, and I accepted myself pretty shortly after (maybe like a few days after knowing). I was just really relieved by the fact that I finally had an answer to what I had been feeling all my life.

18. chrisyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ermm probably the moment I felt proud about it. When people call you faggot and queer....yes I am, come suck me bitch. I cant recall when this is, maybe I was about 14. Oh and when I started writing gay fan fics. Ohh

19. Monika the Diva

Well for me i had dreams that were telling me that i was living a lie, it started at age 12. That was around the time i learned to masturbate. I didn't think about it until 16 years later when i was 28 and i first dressed in drag. I said "WOW" i never thought i would ever look that good. Fast forward 6 years later in Nov 20, 2013. I was able to let go of that hatred I had for myself because my mom told me that when i was very little I was "Extremely effeminate" or in my dad's words "Faggy" so i was made to hang out with the "men" to make me more masculine. When my mom told me this story i forgave myself and ever since i learned to cut myself a break and love myself. I realized from that moment that i was never meant to be a man.

20. ninerw

After 15+ years of hiding it, I was in the shower over Thanksgiving and I was by myself in the house, and I just broke down from exhaustion. I looked in the mirror and said, "I'm gay." That was me accepting my own sexuality. Accepting myself is another story, and one that is still being written.