1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it obvious to you/do you pick up vibes-when someone likes you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lexie, Aug 5, 2008.

1. lexie

even if they are in the closet, can you still tell if someone has a crush on you?

i get the feeling, i am not subtle when i like someone even when i try my best not to be obvious. the girl in the past i had a huge crush on, and the one i currently have an intense crush on, my gut feeling is they both realised. the girl i liked a few years back-i remember one time we were talking and she asked me a question, and it was so obvious she was hinting but i refused to play ball, and kinda denied knowing what she was talking about. and i recall more awkward moments than i care to think about that happened with her. my current crush, i think she knows, my gut feeling is she knows from how it is when we are together etc.

i wish i wasnt so obvious, would be a much easier life. i think its a mixture of obvious tension/nerves, and staring too much, in the kinda way you do when you like someone, like almost gazing.

can you always tell if someone likes you?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never. I can NEVER tell. I've had people tell me that people have been not only crushing on me, but flirting shamelessly. In EVERY instance, I've just assumed they were being friendly. Apparently, unless someone says "I want to have sex with you", I'm just not going to get it. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I have this one friend who always knows who I'm crushing on! I think she's just very observant, and she says that she knows me well. (For this reason she already knew I was bisexual). She has been correct 100% of the time, and has never missed a crush either.

Caused some difficulties when I got a crush on her...

I myself cannot really tell, unless they're actually flirting with me - but I can't distinguish "social flirting" from someone actually fancying me.

Plus I just tend to assume that they don't like me.

4. Kimi

I wouldn't say I can but I do get the feeling.

And I wouldn't always think that this girl has crush on me on who. But I do goes like "Ah, like I never expected" when someone tells me that someone likes me. (well, IF i happen to know the person)

But I think it's pretty obvious if you have a crush on someone. It's just a matter of whether you crush is a kind of person who actually notice it or not:lol:

5. jazzrawr

Well, I can tell the difference between playful flirting (which my friends do alot of) and real flirting. I'm pretty good at flirting, although I get really nervous >.<

But usually, i can tell when someone likes me. But it's always guys. So i try to pretend they don't. >.<

6. lexie

i dont flirt with my crush tho haha i mean, i am always friendly to her (cause she is to me), but i think i am obvious cause i get shy around her, i dont flirt, since no-one knows, but i get super shy around her and so maybe that makes it especially obvious?

7. Hoppip

I am completely 100% oblivious. That, or people don't flirt with me. I don't think people flirt with me.

But I'm reeeeeally oblivious. I can never tell. I always feel like the "chaser," the annoying CAN I BE YOUR FRIEND kid. It sucks.

8. bluestlight

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i'm pretty terrible at picking up on that. i can tell if the person is being ridiculously obvious but when girls that i actually like flirt with me i totally miss it because i just assume that i'm just imagining it. only when i look back on it do i realize that it was really obvious.

9. VomAnderenUfer

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    lexie, I am exactly like you in how I act around crushes. I have a bit of a staring problem and I get extremely nervous. I feel incredibly obvious, and I'm pretty sure most of them picked up on me, but I'm not 100% sure.

On the flipside, I generally don't notice when people flirt with me, probably because they're mostly guys and thus I don't really care that much. I don't think, however, that any other girl has ever had a crush on me. Straight girls like to flirt with me when drunk though, which is odd/somewhat aggravating.

10. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's pretty obvious when someone likes you. I can tell most of the time. Just by the way they look at you or the way they act toward/around you. :slight_smile:

11. lexie

yeah, it sucks doesnt it, i feel obvious too, the worst thing is when they catch you looking/staring at them. thats even more awkward, cause everytime i look, it seems like she catches me lol

i tend to realise when guys have a crush on me, and i just ignore it. straight girls dont flirt with me, cause im not out to anyone, so i dont have that problem, lol

12. Trumpetplyer23

Sometimes I could tell.

Like with my one ex. He flirted shamelessly though. The other guy, well, let's just say we both started crushing on each other at the same time :slight_smile:.

As for girls. I thought my one friend liked me back, but she either did and was too afraid of being gay/bi. Or she didn't and just liked to touch me a lot.

13. -Michael-

Someone could come upto me and tell me they liked me and i still wouldn't know...

This girl asked me out before...and someone asked me if she liked me after hearing the rumour and i said i didnt know...

I am utterly OBLIVIOUS to these things.
    And because i dont take flirting as flirting...if someone is and im going along with it unbeknownst everyone thinks i like them...

:|...

14. grapevine fires

Everyone else, apparently, can tell when I have a crush. I can't when someone has one on me.. although more have than I thought......

15. ausdtc

I do occasionally get a strong sense that someone's attracted to me, however I trust that feeling about 0% of the time :eusa_doh:

Though if I get that feeling from a girl I've definitely been right quite a lot of the time, but I'm not usually too interested and end up in an awkward situation.

With guys, I usually think "no, they can't possibly like me, they're straight!". A new guy started at work yesterday, and I almost immediately got that feeling once I met him, as well as setting of my mostly faulty gaydar.. we'll see :lol:

16. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

no but I have missed signals with girls before and guys I don't think find me too attractive.

17. Mind Freak

I'm oblivious to dating stuff.
    I think people who like me don't like me and people who don't like me like me. Lol.

18. Todd

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wish I could tell when someone was interested in me ...

I can't wait to get a guy ...

19. Geist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Interestingly enough I can tell when someone likes me, but only if I don't feel the same way back (half of the girls I know). But if I feel something for them I cannot tell either way.

20. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

Nope. Not at all.
    The fact that I'm not the most observant person in the world doesn't help when I try and pick out these subtle hints if someone even likes me.