1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So angry!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bettykins, May 11, 2014.

1. Bettykins

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :tantrum:

Melia is not a happy person right now. Her priest, who knows about her being trans* (as do most people; I am open) has decided to go with the ludicrous philosophy that everyone else seems to love to spout. "You must understand that if you present as male, no one will ever see you as female."

ARRRGH. That is not the point, and moreover - I prefer to present as male. Is that such a damn problem?! Even if I have considered presenting as female; I wouldn't be ready to do so yet. I'm an academic and have that to think about.

It just really makes me angry that my priest, who is also a member of the LBGT community, is throwing that bs at me. It is not a consolation. In fact, it's a hurtful insult. Moreover, I shared with him the secret that I'm a druid (I do have faith in the Christian God as a druid, as many druids do...we're polytheists at all!) And received tacit disapproval in his responses that amount to "Our God is many things and covers many venues."

No, you didn't listen. I am a /druid/, who believes in the Christian God! ARGH.

Needless to say, I am writing this as I boycott Church. Which I believe isn't terribly fair to me as I now miss out on the community experience. But hey! What else am I to do? I no longer really feel welcome in this church, considering the leader is so unwelcoming to other views which include God (e.g. Druidism) and is very unenlightened where trans issues are concerned.

Please tell me I'm not crazy, or that if I feel this way perhaps it's better for my psyche to stay away from it.