1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to find guys?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by confuseduser99, May 11, 2014.

1. confuseduser99

I've recently come out to myself (still getting used to it, but I pretty much know that I'm gay), and I just came out to my sister yesterday. I think I'm ready to start experimenting with guys, and finding someone to date. Where can I find guys? I don't really do the whole club scene, and I wouldn't feel comfortable going to "gay" places, if you know what I mean.

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're in school, does your school have an LGBT center or organization? If not, do you know anyone who's gay or do you have friends of friends who are gay? That's the easiest place to start.

Online dating can also be an option if you're interested in dating.

3. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    You could try dating sites.

4. confuseduser99

Yeah, my school does have one but that isn't an option for me. I know too many people there, and a lot of them are political. They don't like my political views. Plus, I would just feel uncomfortable going to a place like that.

What sites for online dating?

5. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    It's against the rules to mention dating sites. I've tried, but it got censored.

6. confuseduser99

Oh, well then... Any other suggestions? I feel like I may never find someone :tears: I'm so picky, and don't feel comfortable going to conventional "gay" places to find people.

7. AlamoCity

Well, I would say be less picky :grin:. Not in the qualities of a person, but at least in the looks department, that might help.

Regarding political views, I'd say just do what a southern Democrat does at his workplace, bite his tongue. Liberals get harassed at conservative places and conservatives get harassed at liberal places; it's a fact of life, even if it doesn't make it right. Would someone catch flak wearing an Obama-Biden shirt at a gun show or homeschooling convention :lol:? Suck it up and do as I was raised, don't talk about religion and politics in polite conversation; the meatier subjects should be reserved for when one's already on a friendly basis.

That said, online dating is a pretty good tool that many have had success, especially when we live in a society where most are presumed heterosexual unless otherwise demonstrated.

One thing you could try is to buy a shirt with a gay organization's logo and wear it around and see if you get any bites while going fishing :slight_smile:. Human Rights Campaign has a pretty known logo that is not too "rainbow-y."
    [​IMG]

However, given that I've always been single, I'm not exactly the best to give this sort of advice. I should probably heed my own advice :bang:.

8. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

Ugh I have the same problem. Any suggestions? I'd like commitment :slight_smile:

9. confuseduser99

I'm trying to be less picky but it's REALLY hard! Not sure I'd want to wear any shirts. Again, wouldn't feel comfortable doing that.

10. Dexter Colton

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sorry to sound like a admin but there is a code of conduct so make sure your talking about people on here meeting up.

However, I am getting married soon so I can possible help the most. (Maybe not) is there anyone you love or fancy who are or might be gay if so then start there. Online dating is a gamble though so I wouldn't trust it. Just my opinion

#10 Dexter Colton, May 11, 2014
    Last edited: May 11, 2014