1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you ever "crush" on a straight friend?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NicoletteChris, May 12, 2014.

1. NicoletteChris

I crushed for almost half a year on a friend of mine but she was hetero. I thought that since I was capable of liking her so much I thought she could feel the same towards me, I was so confused when she was like, " No I can only have those feelings towards guys," I sorta thought all girls could be like me but I was really confused and my feelings were so euphoric and different to this day I feel like crap that I disregarded what she said.

Oh lord it's cringe worthy I remember I wrote her a five page love/crush letter talking about the possibility of living together after high school when we go to college and I talked about (I'm cringing so badly rn please don't judge) but I pretty much hinted that if she wanted to become a nudist in our apartment I wouldn't oblige.

2. zygnomic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a very close friend who i have known for the past 4 years or so and we are super close, he is a little younger than me, but to me age is but a number(to an extent) and he is kind of what i picture as a guy that id be and i am interested in. We've known each other for a while but i am not exactly sure what his orientation is, i know he is straight but i'm pretty sure he is curious if not more because of the way we interact. Now of course he doesn't know that i like him as more than i guy and right now I am currently in a relationship with my girlfriend. Which is why i came to this forum cause i needed advice. Back your topic, i know exactly how you feel.

3. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've only ever crushed on straight girls. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I was in love with the same friend for 8 years and have had crushes on probably 4 other straight girls as an adult. Most of them liked it, I think, because they could use me as a "substitute boyfriend" until a reasonably attractive male passed by. Of course, if I had fallen for a lesbian, it probably would have ended the same. I don't blame them at all. I'm the one who puts myself in these positions so, I shouldn't expect something different. In my case, I feel that being trans* isn't even the biggest issue; it's just that I'm not casual enough so, I go from friend mode to husband mode without the "boyfriend mode" in between. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

With one exception, I've found romance to be fairly problematic.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Curse those devilishly good looks and loving heart, eh, Gates?

I don't even know how to explain me. I don't really "crush" on someone, it's more of a fascination or curiosity. Think of watching a box of newborn kittens. Yeah, that's how I tend to be. I tend to see auras as opposed to physical traits, and I owe this to years of meditation and self-discipline. It allows me to find appeal and attraction in practically anyone, provided they aren't some kind of asshole. A "crush" comes a little later, if the interest is returned, and really, by then, you can't really call it a crush.

Now, have I ever been fascinated with someone who I knew would not return that? Indeed. But they weren't straight, they were a lesbian. This makes for an interesting scenario since I consider myself a female internally, but she could not look beyond the exterior. I'm not upset, but it was a reminder that not everyone is going to look at the core of an individual. That's fine. That's life.

5. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Looking back on things I'd say yes. I never made it known though...

Happy days :slight_smile:

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not that I can remember. Being bisexual I did have a crush on a lesbian.

7. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sure, my problem is that I'm too perfect... :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

And :eusa_doh: regarding the girl. That sucks. I wish that more people could see us as we are rather than as who they've been programmed to believe that we are.

8. Hiems

Yes, and I still am not over him :/

9. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Yep. All in all for 6 years and still now a bit.

Sorry for this rejection of yours!!!

10. TheStudent

TheStudent Guest

Yes, I still do but we're not best friends as such but we get along pretty well which makes it rather awkward for me when I speak to him as I have such an adulation for him and he just sees me as "another friend"

I don't think he'd ever suspect that I have a mega crush on him, though.

11. Colours

Oh yes. Plenty.

12. Jethro702

Everyday really, I want but cant have... :'(

13. zygnomic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    is funny you hear girls say how all the good guys are gay? As this may be true sometimes, i feel like all the good guys in my life are straight >.<

14. Oxelotl

Yes I do. I say present tense because I still have the crush after nearly two years. Dammit perfect straight guys. He's probably my best friend as well which doesn't help.

15. finlandwrc

Actually I am crushing on a friend at the moment the thing is we don't know his orientation there are signs he's really gay but he could just be flirting to annoy me and it works.

16. Munyal

Ugh I'm doing exactly this right now. Curse him being the only openly atheist guy at school and being hot at the same time! He's too attractive and nice. *wails into pillow*

17. RedDev84

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel you. I am going through this right now as we speak. It's actually quite a realisation that I'm pretty much doing the same thing as your letters, but over a much longer extended way. Usually face to face conversation or text message rather than 1 big long letter at once.

I'm actually in the very process of discussing sharing place with him. I would love for this to happen, and so would he. I just hope I can keep it together and not slip up and suggest I'd like to be more than friend, because he's almost certainly straight sadly.

Nothing ever come up and nudity here though!

18. Illus1

Yes, there are some guys that are friends, and others where I have to suppress myself lest I turn into a giddy schoolgirl. Sometimes I feel the pool of 10 % is just too small :frowning2: and then comes along a study that puts that percentage even lower....But I'm still hopeful that that special one will come and I always will be hopeful :slight_smile:

19. Camerooon

I generally stop myself from falling for straight guys if possible. Unless I know or strongly suspect someone is gay/bi, I just prevent myself from falling for them somehow. I think it's my brain's way of preventing me from getting hurt.

20. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, and I still am. Plus, he has a girlfriend too...