1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i want to talk to someone off of this how do i give them.my email without getting int

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mattx, May 12, 2014.

1. Mattx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
  2. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Re: i want to talk to someone off of this how do i give them.my email without getting

I've got no idea!!!
    But maybe you could ask the staff?
    :slight_smile:

3. confuseduser99

Re: i want to talk to someone off of this how do i give them.my email without getting

Can't you just send a private message to someone?

4. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Not until he (and the recipient) is a full member.

OP: get up to 50 posts and the apply to be a Full Member.

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

You need to be a full member to do that and even then you can only exchange details with the other person through a private message. You shouldn't exchange any details on each others wall. Definitely ask a staff member for further clarification.

6. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Make at least 50 posts over two weeks, apply for full membership, then send that person a private message. Trying to buck the system and covertly get your information to them will result in a ban, and trust me, the staff have seen a lot of sneakiness - it's not something you can sneak under the radar and get away with.

7. biggayguy

I know it's annoying to have to wait for full membership but the policy is for everyone's protection. The only way the sponsoring company for EC would allow this forum is to make it extremely hard for predators to get through the screening process. We do have a lot of minors here.

8. confuseduser99

how do you apply to become a full member? I remember seeing a button to apply once, but I can't seem to find it now.

9. newfish

It will probably also take around a month for the application to be reviewed and a decision made.

10. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

As a result of lawyers, you can't contact members off-site until you become a full member.

11. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

I applied to be a full member, will I get notified when I become accepted?

12. Jonathan

As others have already said, you would need to become a full member and send a private message to the other person. You can apply to become a full member here after being on EC for at least two weeks and having a minimum of fifty posts.

You will be notified by the staff regardless of the outcome.

13. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

What others have said here is correct. If you try to get somebody your email before you have access to the PM system, you will be banned for off-site contact violations. So, you do not want to do that.

You will hear from us no matter what the outcome of your application is.

14. Jonathan

I beat you Brad :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

I see how you are.. stealing my thunder...lol.

We just doubly showed the importance of not sharing off-site contact info..lol.

16. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

To be clear... at this point, our security policy is not "as a result of lawyers" (though that was true at the time the original decision was made.)

EC is now a wholly independent nonprofit organization and its Board of Directors and admin team have made the decision to maintain the security provisions established in 2008. Our sense is that it is the security provisions that have helped the community to be what it is, one where members feels safe and don't have to worry about creepers and inappropriate contacts.

So it's a case of something originally being done for one reason, out of fear, but now that same something is a positive benefit that has served to create a very safe and secure community.

17. confuseduser99

Did EC used to be owned by a for profit organization?

18. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

My guess is that Empty Closets was originally unincorporated, so probably "no."

19. stormborn

send out a small army to slowly go across the world and ask everyone, "are you ec member ____?" when said member is found, the soldier will deliver a small package containing a slip of paper with the email written on it, and strict instructions on how the slip must be destroyed. the delivering soldier will be crowned hero, but only for a short time. the soldiers must then destroy all plane tickets, passports, hotels, gum wrappers, and anything else used in their search. all evidence must be destroyed. the admins must never find out.

or, do what those other people said and become a full member. either one.

20. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I see a lot of people saying to become a full member then you can pm people your private information. Doesn't this seem like an abuse of the system? I think that if the staff believed that this was the only reason you wanted to become a full member then they would just deny you membership anyway.

I have been here a good while myself and don't really see much reason to apply for a "full membership", yea the chat room might be a nice time waster but I don't have anything with internet access other than my phone and it doesn't support chat rooms.