1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michael Sam- ESPN Kiss

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by literalmerida, May 12, 2014.

1. literalmerida

His kiss is getting him a lot of hate. I feel like if he was straight, and he had kissed his girlfriend, people will gush al over and say its adorable. But if you tell them that now, they'll deny it and say that any PDA is gross. Heterosexuality is all over TV, all over movies, all over everything and people still watch that. So when a man kisses another man in the spurr of the moment, suddenly romance is disgusting?
    Thoughts, anybody?

2. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    He has damn near no blood family around and thought he was about to not get drafted...With all that excitement, what did they expect him to do, shake his bfs hand?

---------- Post added 13th May 2014 at 12:53 AM ----------

My new team....GO RAMS

3. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Any and all LGBTQ PDA = shoving "teh gay" down hetero society's throat one thrust at a time.

:rolle:

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought that kiss was damn adorable. I'm so over straight people who feel like they're being attacked because a gay couple kisses. So a gay couple kissing is "forcing it down your throat" but "heteronormative" PDA is sunshine and rainbows.

Cute.

5. Envira

I think michael sam's kiss with his boyfriend was just cute. i don't see how anyone could say otherwise.

6. ProtegeMoi

Daydreamer is dead on.

Anyone know if the reaction was cut to live during the rams pick or was it added in? If espn or whoever added it in later then I feel that's important too, because then someone made a conscience choice to make sure the world could feel his joy.

Haters be damned, I'm extremely happy for him and I wish him the best in making the team and having a good career and hopefully he's remembered for being a solid player first and not just as a talking point.

7. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What is one of our favorite quotes here: "The people who matter don't mind, and the people who mind don't matter."

8. classicat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ugh, great. More bigots crying like babies because "OMFG the gays kissed!" The kiss was sweet, get over yourselves.
    I don't care much for football, or sports in general, but congrats Micheal Sam!

9. confuseduser99

I pointed out the double standard to my mom when she was wathpching a talk show. They were openly talking about threesomes and having sex with your girlfriend's mom, and I was like "why is this acceptable to openly talk about, but when gays kiss on TV, it's gross and morally wrong"? That conversation led to me someone coming out to my mom (when she asked if I was gay, I didn't deny it... I just avoided the question) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. 741852963

To be honest I am appalled, disgusted and downright outraged at the kiss. I mean, who do they think they are wasting perfectly good cake like that?! Animals! :eek:

11. literalmerida

UwU!!!!!! Thats the cool thing though! ESPN didnt cut it out, they let it happen. It was a great moment.

---------- Post added 13th May 2014 at 10:41 AM ----------

Hey congrats on (sorta) coming out. :slight_smile: I hope the best for you!