1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm stressed out.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LornTehViking, Aug 6, 2008.

1. LornTehViking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Like a lot right now.
    The story is... I'm having a party on Saturday, for my birthday, and I'm having this band play. They aren't going to charge me anything, but they asked that I find someone to play in addition to them. I did this, and the person I have playing said it was a-okay on Tuesday. Today he told me that he wanted $50 to come play. I told him, "I wasn't reaaaally looking to pay, but I guess I can do $50." He replied with something about how he does the musician thing as a living and not a hobby and that he doesn't want to take money I wouldn't be spending otherwise and that I should buy myself something nice with the money while he gracefully passes. I found a way to cover the $50 and messaged him back about it, but he hasn't replied.
    I'm stressed out because the party is in 3 days (!!!) and I have no idea if he's going to play or not. Anyone know any good de-stressing mechanisms I can do from the comfort of this couch? (I'm at the grandparents' house and any sort of obnoxious thing probably shouldn't happen...) And opinions on the situation?

Thanks =]

2. Absentminded

What sort of things d'you enjoy doing? Writing? Reading sometimes helps.
    And maybe you ought to find someone else, just in case he doesn't show? It sounds a little odd that he was willing to do it for free on Tuesday, and today he's charging.
    Oh, and btw, happy birthday.

3. LornTehViking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, I'll probably go finish up The Catcher in the Rye later... After a nice shower.
    I dunno... It took me so long to find him on such short notice and now this is happening, I think I'll just leave it up to chance, or maybe he'll reply to my message I'm not sure.

Haha, thanks. My party's over a month early though, my birthday's next month. But I have friends going off to college(really good friends) and I wanted to have the party before they left.

4. Absentminded

oh, that sucks that it's taken so long. I hope he does get back to you.